Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jogging & weight loss

• 17-02-2019 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi all & thanks for reading. First time poster here so go easy :)

So started a couch25k programme after Christmas & can nw run 5k in just over 30 mins. Delighted with myself to be honest & I really enjoy it. I do it 3 times a week. I eat healthy. Most meals are made from scratch with the odd treat obviously. I have a sweet tooth so would have something sweet everyday. Now this could be just a square of chocolate most days so not overly indulgent.

The problem??......... I have not lost 1lb!!! I can feel that I’ve lost inches & toned but the scales has only went one way & that’s up!!!!

I’ve had 2 kids in last 4 years and cannot get rid of the mum tum at all.
    I thought the jogging would help me loose a few lbs & then start toning but nowt so far.

Could I have some advice,help,tips please.

Many thanks in advance xx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Count your calories and eat less than you need. It’s as simple as that. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean it’s low in calories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

deh983 wrote: »
    Hi all & thanks for reading. First time poster here so go easy :)

So started a couch25k programme after Christmas & can nw run 5k in just over 30 mins. Delighted with myself to be honest & I really enjoy it. I do it 3 times a week. I eat healthy. Most meals are made from scratch with the odd treat obviously. I have a sweet tooth so would have something sweet everyday. Now this could be just a square of chocolate most days so not overly indulgent.

The problem??......... I have not lost 1lb!!! I can feel that I’ve lost inches & toned but the scales has only went one way & that’s up!!!!

I’ve had 2 kids in last 4 years and cannot get rid of the mum tum at all.
    I thought the jogging would help me loose a few lbs & then start toning but nowt so far.

Could I have some advice,help,tips please.

Many thanks in advance xx
    Not much advice to offer besides following the normal paths of tracking your food etc. But besides that, well bloody done. You're running 5k three times a week, cooking healthy food from scratch while having two smallies at home. Even if the weight isn't falling off, you've got really positive healthy habits that will keep you healthy and set good examples for your kids! Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

30 minute run probably burns 300 kcal, so 900 a week if you run 3 times. It would take 4 weeks to lose a single pound from that excercise alone... And that assumes that after you get in from your run you eat no extra food.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Bassfish wrote: »
    Not much advice to offer besides following the normal paths of tracking your food etc. But besides that, well bloody done. You're running 5k three times a week, cooking healthy food from scratch while having two smallies at home. Even if the weight isn't falling off, you've got really positive healthy habits that will keep you healthy and set good examples for your kids! Well done.

Ah thank you for that :) I’m trying my best anyway and that’s all I can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

deh983 wrote: »
    Ah thank you for that :) I’m trying my best anyway and that’s all I can do

After Christmas was only 6 weeks ago.
    Don't trust the scales, trust the mirror and how your clothes fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Weight loss is all about what you eat and very little about exercise

Advertisement