If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector for home cinema

Options
  • 17-02-2019 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Dear RS team,
    I decided to buy a projector instead of big TV. I would like to know which one would be the best choice (in regards of picture quality, contrast, color...). Not sure would current 4k models justify almost double the price:

1. Optoma HD27E
    2. Epson EH-TW5600
    3. BenQ W1050
    4. ViewSonic PJD7720HD

Also, are the 4k budget models much better in PQ, which wound would be your recommendation?

1.BenQ W1700
    2.Optoma UHD300X
    3.ViewSonic PX727

Or is there any other in similar  price bracket ? Thanks 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

zhac wrote: »
    Dear RS team,
    I decided to buy a projector instead of big TV. I would like to know which one would be the best choice (in regards of picture quality, contrast, color...). Not sure would current 4k models justify almost double the price:

1. Optoma HD27E
    2. Epson EH-TW5600
    3. BenQ W1050
    4. ViewSonic PJD7720HD

Also, are the 4k budget models much better in PQ, which wound would be your recommendation?

1.BenQ W1700
    2.Optoma UHD300X
    3.ViewSonic PX727

Hi Zhac.

Thanks for the post.

Each of the projectors listed are good but each is in a different price range so its hard to compare them.

The Viewsonic is the starting point for 4k but is currently an in store only collection and can not be shipped.
    The BENQ W1700 at £939 displays an excellent 4K image and worth the money in my opinion.
    However if you stretched to the UHD40 at £1099 which is amazing quality.

In non 4K the best in my opinion would be the EH-TW5600 which is priced at £749.00

If your not wanting to break the bank then the HD27E priced at £499 also does a very good job.
    The Optoma W200 at £699 also produces a very good image.

It really does depend on what you want to spend on the projector, the higher up the price range the better image quality.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 zhac

Dear RS team,

1. Optoma HD27E
    2. Epson EH-TW5600
    3. BenQ W1050
    4. ViewSonic PJD7720HD

1.BenQ W1700
    2.Optoma UHD300X
    3.ViewSonic PX727

Hi Zhac.

Thanks for the post.

Each of the projectors listed are good but each is in a different price range so its hard to compare them.

The Viewsonic is the starting point for 4k but is currently an in store only collection and can not be shipped.
    The BENQ W1700 at £939 displays an excellent 4K image and worth the money in my opinion.

In non 4K the best in my opinion would be the EH-TW5600 which is priced at £749.00

If your not wanting to break the bank then the HD27E priced at £499 also does a very good job.

It really does depend on what you want to spend on the projector, the higher up the price range the better image quality.

Hi Kenny,
    thank you for your reply.

I heard that current cheaper 4K projector produce a buzz - is this something really noticeable while watching a movie ?

So if I would narrow my choice which one would you recommend ?

4K:  W1700 vs PX727 vs HD300X or HD40 (is there a big difference in PQ (specially blacks and contrast)

Thanks !

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Dear RS team,

1. Optoma HD27E
    2. Epson EH-TW5600
    3. BenQ W1050
    4. ViewSonic PJD7720HD

1.BenQ W1700
    2.Optoma UHD300X
    3.ViewSonic PX727

Hi Zhac.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny,
    thank you for your reply.

I heard that current cheaper 4K projector produce a buzz - is this something really noticeable while watching a movie ?

So if I would narrow my choice which one would you recommend ?

4K:  W1700 vs PX727 vs HD300X or HD40 (is there a big difference in PQ (specially blacks and contrast)

Thanks !
    Hi Zhac.

We have not really had any issues with buzzing that I can think of.

The most popular out of the ones listed above would be the HD40. We have ran it a good few times on demo here at the store and it have a very nice image but you do get what you pay for with it being at the top end of the scale.

At the budget side of 4K the PX727 does a fantastic job and again I have seen this in action and its 4k image is spot on.

It's not an easy choice as they are all decent projectors but for me the HD40 is the better.

The PX727 and the HD300 are currently listed as in store only collections and can not be shipped.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.