Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to access mobile data

• 17-02-2019 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

I can no longer access mobile data on my samsung galaxy a5. I am a bill pay customer.
    Mobile data is on. It asks me to sign into eir network but then some message about proxy settings comes up.

On myeir it informs me that the number is no longer registered. While following the step by step instructions after altering mcc to 353 it tells me that my profile no longer has access to settings.

I would appreciate your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi,

I can no longer access mobile data on my samsung galaxy a5. I am a bill pay customer.
    Mobile data is on. It asks me to sign into eir network but then some message about proxy settings comes up.

On myeir it informs me that the number is no longer registered. While following the step by step instructions after altering mcc to 353 it tells me that my profile no longer has access to settings.

I would appreciate your help.
    Hi Darth Melkor

Please click here for more information on how to set up your mobile data.

Many thanks

Linzi 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭RobiePAX

Common reasons for the problem you are getting are:
    • Data Limit Reached - your data may stop working if you have hit your plan data limit. Eir or Carphone Warehouse branch can check for you if this is causing the issue. Eir webchat "might" check that too but I don't guarantee it.
    • APN settings are wrong - access point settings must be setup correctly and selected for mobile data to work. Make sure your APN settings are setup right as per above link.

As for the problem that you can't login to My Eir. That happens sometimes when you make changes to your account. You should re-register your number again on the website that should fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Darth Melkor

RobiePAX wrote: »
    • Data Limit Reached - your data may stop working if you have hit your plan data limit. Eir or Carphone Warehouse branch can check for you if this is causing the issue. Eir webchat "might" check that too but I don't guarantee it.
    • APN settings are wrong - access point settings must be setup correctly and selected for mobile data to work. Make sure your APN settings are setup right as per above link.

As for the problem that you can't login to My Eir. That happens sometimes when you make changes to your account. You should re-register your number again on the website that should fix it.

Thanks.
    I've tried all the steps on the site given but no luck. It just randomly stopped on Friday night. As far as I can tell from 3g watchdog I'm below my data limit at around 700mb or so, though as far as I can recall there used to be an automated text message if one was nearing their limit.

I've made no changes to my account but have always been a meteor customer so maybe that explains the whole number not registered situation.

I guess that I'll go into a shop with it. Between the phone and our broadband only working for a few intermittent hours each day I'm not too happy with eir at the moment.

Thanks again for your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

RobiePAX wrote: »

[*]

[*]

Thanks.
    I've tried all the steps on the site given but no luck. It just randomly stopped on Friday night. As far as I can tell from 3g watchdog I'm below my data limit at around 700mb or so, though as far as I can recall there used to be an automated text message if one was nearing their limit.

I've made no changes to my account but have always been a meteor customer so maybe that explains the whole number not registered situation.

I guess that I'll go into a shop with it. Between the phone and our broadband only working for a few intermittent hours each day I'm not too happy with eir at the moment.

Thanks again for your time.
    [*]
    Hi RobiePAX

We can't deal with technical issues through our Social Media Channels.  You would need to call 1901 or click here to chat to one of our technical advisors.

Many thanks

~Linzi 

Advertisement