Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir won't close my account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Deeclif75

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Deeclif75

I completely understand your frustration regarding this issue and we do apologise to our customers.  We are addressing this, but it will take a period of time to train up new employees.  You can only cancel your account by calling 1901 and speaking to the loyalty department.  

Many thanks

~Linzi

Linzi i have called 3 times, each call lasting an hour or longer and then the call gets dropped. How exactly am i meant to speak to someone if no-one answers the phone? Please advise me what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

paddy19 wrote: »
    "You can only cancel your account by calling 1901 and speaking to the loyalty department.  "

Hi Linzi,
    Please stop making this statement, it is false and misleading.

You are not required to speak to anyone in Eir to cease your service.

"Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s)."

If customer care is not available you may email a copy of your bill to ccm@eir.ie to legally cease the service.

Please correct this false and misleading statement.
    1874 wrote: »
    Its like Eir dont exist, cant be contacted, why I will never be a customer of theirs, will never consider them as an option, some people may not have that option.
    Youd wonder why a rep would come on and tell someone to call 1901 to cancel when the OP said they did not get a reply off them already, very poor, who'd want the hassle??

Deeclif75 wrote: »
    "You can only cancel your account by calling 1901 and speaking to the loyalty department.  "

Hi Linzi,

"Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s)."

If customer care is not available you may email a copy of your bill to ccm@eir.ie to legally cease the service.

Exactly!! That is what is stated on their website. And how are you meant to phone when they won't answer the phone!
    The email address ccm@eir.ie is currently not active.  You can certainly write in to give your 30 days notice, which was posted previously in this thread.  You can click here to view this information.

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

WOW!!! I was doing some research into choosing my new phone/broadband and come across the is thread. I am appalled by the issues raised and the next to useless responses. But on the other hand, thank you making my choice easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Hi Linzi,

Its like Eir dont exist, cant be contacted, why I will never be a customer of theirs, will never consider them as an option, some people may not have that option.
    Youd wonder why a rep would come on and tell someone to call 1901 to cancel when the OP said they did not get a reply off them already, very poor, who'd want the hassle??

Hi Linzi,

Exactly!! That is what is stated on their website. And how are you meant to phone when they won't answer the phone!
    The email address ccm@eir.ie is currently not active.  You can certainly write in to give your 30 days notice, which was posted previously in this thread.  You can click here to view this information.

Many thanks

~Linzi

Hi Linzi,

Hi Linzi,

Many thanks

~Linzi

So not only are EIR refusing to make it realistically possible for customers to cancel by phone, they've now removed any option to do this by email?? I'm trying to cancel a service this last month without getting through once and I've no doubt that any postal cancellation will not be acknowledged. What a farce.

Many thanks

~Linzi

Ccm@eir.ie was the email address that Comreg gave me, I'll get onto them to tell them it's not active
    I've followed all the steps on that link you gave me, i feel like I'm stuck in groundhog day. I'm feeling like the only option left is to consult with a solicitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Hi Linzi,

Hi Linzi,

Many thanks

~Linzi

"The email address ccm@eir.ie is currently not active. "

I'm sure ComReg will delighted to hear that the email address they recommend for complaints is not active.

What exactly does "not active" mean?

When did it stop its activity and when will it be active again?

Hi Linzi,

Hi Linzi,

Many thanks

~Linzi

I'm sure ComReg will delighted to hear that the email address they recommend for complaints is not active.

Should you wish to log a complaint, please click here to view our complaints page.

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Don't over think this. You have done what The Regulator Comreg have asked you to and not got any reply. Just tell comreg you have contacted Eir in the manner they suggest and the Eir have again failed to respond. Keep pushing back on comreg. Nothing a rep says here has any bearing on the complaints process anyway. 

Just got onto Comreg, they said it's an official email complaints address and if they 'choose' not to respond within 10 working days they will escalate the complaint anyway.
    Still can't believe the lengths i have to go to to close an account!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Don't forget that now you have informed comreg of the original date that you wanted to leave Eir Eir can't mess you about by trying to use another later date. 

• Advertisement

" I'm feeling like the only option left is to consult with a solicitor."

Keep away from the bleeding lawyers for God's sake. You think you've got trouble with Eir...

Wait the 10 days and stay with ComReg.
    ComReg told you what to do and you did it.
    You have the auto reply email from Eir to prove it.

This baloney about the email account not active is Eirs problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

heed the advice above

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭HBC08

MoodeRator wrote: »
    WOW!!! I was doing some research into choosing my new phone/broadband and come across the is thread. I am appalled by the issues raised and the next to useless responses. But on the other hand, thank you making my choice easier.

Exact same situation for me. Was in the Eir shop locally last week and had pretty much decided to switch to them. Thanks boards!
    The reps coming on here are surely on a wind up?

Eir are not contactable so they advise you to call?

HBC08 wrote: »

Exact same situation for me. Was in the Eir shop locally last week and had pretty much decided to switch to them. Thanks boards!

Hi HBC08

eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers. You can cancel your account by writing to us.  Please click here for the address and more information about cancellations.

Many thanks

Linzi

Hi HBC08

eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers. You can cancel your account by writing to us.  Please click here for the address and more information about cancellations.

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi, maybe if EIR customers could actually contact the company it might prevent scams where EIR customers are getting scammed for thousands of euro as reported in todays independent - https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/thousands-ripped-off-in-elaborate-broadband-scam-sweeping-the-country-37841544.html

Hi HBC08

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi, maybe if EIR customers could actually contact the company it might prevent scams where EIR customers are getting scammed for thousands of euro as reported in todays independent - https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/thousands-ripped-off-in-elaborate-broadband-scam-sweeping-the-country-37841544.html
    Hi ed333

We are aware of scam calls in circulation.  There is nothing that eir can do with regards to these, except to advise our customers to never give out any personal information or details.  More information about Phishing calls can be found here.

Many thanks

~Linzi

Hi HBC08

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi ed333

We are aware of scam calls in circulation.  There is nothing that eir can do with regards to these, except to advise our customers to never give out any personal information or details.  More information about Phishing calls can be found here.

Many thanks

~Linzi
    I think your attitude and the general attitude of Eir reps is part of the problem Linzi, take for example the following part of the article 

[font=Georgia, serif]Asked about the acknowledged difficulty getting Eir to answer calls, the spokesman said call wait times have been improving.[/font]
    [font=Georgia, serif]"If people are using our name, there is nothing we can do about it. Report it to the gardaí," he said.[/font]
    [font=Georgia, serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/font]

I think this blasé attitude to customers harks back to when eircom had it all too easy and just had to collect the revenue as customers had no other choice but go with them. Those days are over and if Eir don't move with the times and start respecting their customers and make it available for them to cancel via email like Virgin Media does, they will lose customers (myself for one)

Is this stalling by Eir stopping a changeover to a different provider?

If not, send cancellation to that email, cc comreg in it and just do whatever you wanted to do after the 30 days. Oh and cancel dd and notify bank to accept no more.

Let the account and router sit there. Not your problem anymore as you notified as per terms that they state. Comreg were cc’d into email and can corroborate that too.

Oh, and the line about the internet service provider not having an active email. That did give me a chuckle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

I'd be surprised if anyone was manning that CCM email at the moment with all the changes 

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

antodeco wrote: »
    Thanks but I cancelled the direct debit but am still receiving bills with an added charge for cancelling the direct debit!!

Yeah but they're not taking money from you. Keep a record of all emails and attempted phone calls. If you are still getting nowhere, request a data access request for all data on your account (they will then have to show all your correspondence to them also).
    I spent hours on phone calls to Eir seeking to cancel my mother's account with them.  We then sent in a data access request in accordance with the GDPR and Data Protection Acts, they did not respond within the one month allowed under the legislation.  Complaint has been submitted to the Data Protection Commission.

• Advertisement

"If people are using our name, there is nothing we can do about it. Report it to the gardaí," he said.

Amazing attitude, fraudsters are abusing the "Eir" brand and the spokesperson doesn't care.

Nothing to do with us Guv!

Eir spent a fortune rebranding and promoting "Eir".

Massive, expensive advertising campaign, repainted all its vans, sponsored rugby referees and built a brand spanking new website.

The best Eir can come up with is: call the Gardai.

Pity Eir is not a communications company because then it would be able warn its customers by phone, text, broadband and website that its name is been taken in vain.

But then Eir, as its customers know, is not in the communications business.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 guaps

Hi 

After reading this, i am currently on the phone for 1 hour and 36 mins, spoke to 1 guy who said i ve to speak to house move dept - explained i had last week - they had told me to do nothing, they will come back to me - My contract finished last week and i have received a new bill for €81 - old contract was for €51 - i ve being given notice by my landlady for the end of July.
    while waiting ive come across article in Independant on current  scam concerning fraudulent 'Eir'   scams.
    ive contacted the webchat in India (very quick) but told i ve to contact 'Loyalty' 

Never before have i come across this shocking customer service - still waiting for a response from house move

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if anyone was manning that CCM email at the moment with all the changes 
    That's not the customers problem.
    That's the account ComReg designate for complaints.

Wait 10 days, if no action then get ComReg after them.

It works.

antodeco wrote: »
    Thanks but I cancelled the direct debit but am still receiving bills with an added charge for cancelling the direct debit!!

Yeah but they're not taking money from you. Keep a record of all emails and attempted phone calls. If you are still getting nowhere, request a data access request for all data on your account (they will then have to show all your correspondence to them also).
    I spent hours on phone calls to Eir seeking to cancel my mother's account with them.  We then sent in a data access request in accordance with the GDPR and Data Protection Acts, they did not respond within the one month allowed under the legislation.  Complaint has been submitted to the Data Protection Commission.
    Hi angel eyes 2012

Can you tell me where you sent the data access request please, and I will chase this up for you.  For more information on eir privacy policy please click here.

Many thanks

Linzi 

Hi HBC08

Many thanks

Linzi

Linzi you just stated 'You can cancel your account by writing to us' so why haven't my 2 letters had any effect?

"Can you tell me where you sent the data access request please"

I love the way the Eir reps continually ask customers where they send cancellations or data requests.
    The inference is you had better have sent it to exactly the right place.
    The switcher people demand you write "Switcher" at the top of the letter.

So lets say I sent the letter to the wrong Eir division.

Any Eir employee opens it and sees this letter from a  customer who wants to cancel there account.
    An important communication one would think.

In any half well run company, the employee would take out their phone take a photo of the letter
    and email it to the cancellations division. Takes two minutes tops.

Or is Eir a company where employees gets important communications from customers and don't bother to spend two minutes ensuring it gets to the right place?

Alternatively of course you could cancel your account directly by email.

Oh but the reps claim that ccm@eir.ie is not active, whatever the hell that means!

Well its alive because I tested it and you get a lovely auto reply saying they will be back within 5 working days.

"Please be assured we have received your query and we aim to resolve this as soon as possible. "

Good enough for me and for ComReg.

"Can you tell me where you sent the data access request please"

I love the way the Eir reps continually ask customers where they send cancellations or data requests.
    The inference is you had better have sent it to exactly the right place.
    The switcher people demand you write "Switcher" at the top of the letter.

So lets say I sent the letter to the wrong Eir division.

Any Eir employee opens it and sees this letter from a  customer who wants to cancel there account.
    An important communication one would think.

In any half well run company, the employee would take out their phone take a photo of the letter
    and email it to the cancellations division. Takes two minutes tops.

Or is Eir a company where employees gets important communications from customers and don't bother to spend two minutes ensuring it gets to the right place?

Alternatively of course you could cancel your account directly by email.

Oh but the reps claim that ccm@eir.ie is not active, whatever the hell that means!

Well its alive because I tested it and you get a lovely auto reply saying they will be back within 5 working days.

"Please be assured we have received your query and we aim to resolve this as soon as possible. "

Good enough for me and for ComReg.
    Hi paddy19

We ask customers to provide this information to make sure they have sent the correspondence to the correct address.

Thanks

Linzi  

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    That's not the customers problem.
    That's the account ComReg designate for complaints.

Wait 10 days, if no action then get ComReg after them.

It works.
    they don't care, 

they make more money from all the customers who don't realise this is going on and still have direct debits than any pitiful fine comreg will throw at them 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sarahdow

I have reached out to Eir Mobile at least 7 times over the last 3 months trying to cancel my phone plan and resolve my HORRIBLE experience.

I called in December to deactivate my account because I am not from Ireland and have moved back to my country, therefore I have NO need for my account anymore. The person on the phone told me he had deactivated my account. I was billed on the 17th of January, and again on the 21st of February, and both times I reached out over phone and chat to express that payments were still coming out for my account, even though I haven’t used my phone plan since December. 

Each time I spoke with someone, they said my account had not been closed down, and was still active, even those each person had confirmed they closed it while on the phone/over chat. I had been told over and OVER again by different people that they would now close the account, and yet it’s not being closed, and I’ve been charged for TWO bills which I refuse to pay. Every person I spoke with have been incompetent of properly helping me, and it’s SO difficult to get in contact with them from a different country.

I demanded a refund, and a guy from the loyalty department told me he was escalating my case, and issuing me a refund which would take them roughly a month to process. a MONTH to refund me 60 euro. I spoke with him on Feb 21st... on Feb 23rd (today) I filed an email complaint, and went onto a chat again (because last time I called them I got charged $100 for long distance even though they advertised it was a toll-free number, and was on hold for 2 hours), and low and behold, my account is still active! He even mentioned something about a cancellation code, which no one else had mentioned, and I've never received one.

To say the service I have experienced has been shocking is an understatement, and I will take to social media and keep emailing and calling and messaging until this is sorted. I don’t trust this will get resolved because every person I’ve spoke to so far as NOT followed through on ANYTHING I’ve asked them to do. I am beyond myself that I have to do this in order to merely cancel my phone plan!!! I will NOT be recommending Eir Mobile to anyone, as their customer service has been 0% helpful from day 1. Absolutely fuming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,919 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maybe it’s my suspicious mind but does any other poster think it’s a scam that as soon as you ring 1901 and dial in 5he number for cancellations you will never get there? There is always a problem then i.e. long waiting times due to problems with this, that or the other. You can never get through.
    I just get the feeling they don’t want to let you cancel.

Advertisement