Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir won't close my account

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

I have just stumbled upon this thread and thank my lucky stars I have no dealings with eir. My sympathy goes out to all of you trying to cancel your contracts. It is obviously causing a lot of stress to those involved and it's unbelievable that Comreg/Solicitors have to be involved in such a basic request.

The most UNBELIEVABLE part of this thread is the 4 silent names to the right of the screen who have offered no help at all. I think the silence speaks volumes. The only help offered was to go down a route that has been stated by everyone complaining that it fails spectacularly over and over again.

I really hope you all get to resolve your issues, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Come on Reps, help these people. Stop reading off your CS instruction sheets. Have some humanity - could you not at least offer to look into some of these problems.

The only time anyone got a reaction out of you is when you were threatened with a GDPR report. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭1874

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    antodeco wrote: »
    Deeclif75 wrote: »
    Thanks but I cancelled the direct debit but am still receiving bills with an added charge for cancelling the direct debit!!

Yeah but they're not taking money from you. Keep a record of all emails and attempted phone calls. If you are still getting nowhere, request a data access request for all data on your account (they will then have to show all your correspondence to them also).
    I spent hours on phone calls to Eir seeking to cancel my mother's account with them.  We then sent in a data access request in accordance with the GDPR and Data Protection Acts, they did not respond within the one month allowed under the legislation.  Complaint has been submitted to the Data Protection Commission.
    Hi angel eyes 2012

Can you tell me where you sent the data access request please, and I will chase this up for you.  For more information on eir privacy policy please click here.

Many thanks

Linzi 
    Rather than asking where they are sending the request why dont you tell them the correct address,
    I'll get you started,
    where do you send a data access request to? there has to be a data protection officer
    where do you send cancellations to? post and email? if no email why not? if its not manned or fixed whats the problem and when will it be fixed?
    How do you ever expect to attract customers if they see everyone who wants to leave or any dealing wit Eir and the difficulty that involves!
    and finally, why do you not answer replies individually here? why is the delay 30 hrs the last time I looked? do you just respond every now and again with a unhelpful vague answer to keep that number down, Eir may as well close up shop on boards and in general if you cannot interact with customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Deeclif75

Sarahdow wrote: »
    I have reached out to Eir Mobile at least 7 times over the last 3 months trying to cancel my phone plan and resolve my HORRIBLE experience.

I called in December to deactivate my account because I am not from Ireland and have moved back to my country, therefore I have NO need for my account anymore. The person on the phone told me he had deactivated my account. I was billed on the 17th of January, and again on the 21st of February, and both times I reached out over phone and chat to express that payments were still coming out for my account, even though I haven’t used my phone plan since December. 

Each time I spoke with someone, they said my account had not been closed down, and was still active, even those each person had confirmed they closed it while on the phone/over chat. I had been told over and OVER again by different people that they would now close the account, and yet it’s not being closed, and I’ve been charged for TWO bills which I refuse to pay. Every person I spoke with have been incompetent of properly helping me, and it’s SO difficult to get in contact with them from a different country.

I demanded a refund, and a guy from the loyalty department told me he was escalating my case, and issuing me a refund which would take them roughly a month to process. a MONTH to refund me 60 euro. I spoke with him on Feb 21st... on Feb 23rd (today) I filed an email complaint, and went onto a chat again (because last time I called them I got charged $100 for long distance even though they advertised it was a toll-free number, and was on hold for 2 hours), and low and behold, my account is still active! He even mentioned something about a cancellation code, which no one else had mentioned, and I've never received one.

To say the service I have experienced has been shocking is an understatement, and I will take to social media and keep emailing and calling and messaging until this is sorted. I don’t trust this will get resolved because every person I’ve spoke to so far as NOT followed through on ANYTHING I’ve asked them to do. I am beyond myself that I have to do this in order to merely cancel my phone plan!!! I will NOT be recommending Eir Mobile to anyone, as their customer service has been 0% helpful from day 1. Absolutely fuming.

How infuriating for you, a basic operation of closing an account is beyond them. I've never experienced (lack of) customer care like it. If i was you I'd forget trying to deal with them and just contact Comreg.

Maybe it’s my suspicious mind but does any other poster think it’s a scam that as soon as you ring 1901 and dial in 5he number for cancellations you will never get there? There is always a problem then i.e. long waiting times due to problems with this, that or the other. You can never get through.
    I just get the feeling they don’t want to let you cancel.

When you phone it starts off by saying 'we are experiencing difficulty contacting our customer care team' wtf?
    I agree, i don't think there is anyone there to answer the phone in 'loyalty' dept. They'll make money out of people who haven't cancelled their direct debits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Deeclif75

I completely understand your frustration regarding this issue and we do apologise to our customers. We are addressing this, but it will take a period of time to train up new employees. You can only cancel your account by calling 1901 and speaking to the loyalty department.

Many thanks

~Linzi

The email address ccm@eir.ie is currently not active. You can certainly write in to give your 30 days notice, which was posted previously in this thread. You can click here to view this information.

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Good to know that Eir's Staff have their finger on the pulse Linzi !!!!
    This BTW comes from somebody who recently switched provider (notice sent by letter), who had paid Eir up until the end of a 12 month contract....and has since received 2 texts and 3 emails informing me that I am liable for an undisclosed 'Early Cancellation' charge.
    Don't worry, Direct Debit was cancelled, Bank were informed that any attempt by Eir to remove money would be considered Fraud (gas what a few emails to the Bank's upper Managers results in) and I don't think I will ever be back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Deeclif75

I completely understand your frustration regarding this issue and we do apologise to our customers.  We are addressing this, but it will take a period of time to train up new employees.  You can only cancel your account by calling 1901 and speaking to the loyalty department.

Many thanks

~Linzi

The email address ccm@eir.ie is currently not active.  You can certainly write in to give your 30 days notice, which was posted previously in this thread.  You can click here to view this information.

Many thanks

~Linzi
    This BTW comes from somebody who recently switched provider (notice sent by letter), who had paid Eir up until the end of a 12 month contract....and has since received 2 texts and 3 emails informing me that I am liable for an undisclosed 'Early Cancellation' charge.
    Don't worry, Direct Debit was cancelled, Bank were informed that any attempt by Eir to remove money would be considered Fraud (gas what a few emails to the Bank's upper Managers results in) and I don't think I will ever be back.
    mgbgt1978

Could you pm me the following details and I will verify that you account has been cancelled.

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Hi paddy19

We ask customers to provide this information to make sure they have sent the correspondence to the correct address.

Thanks

Linzi  

This was my point, it shouldn't matter what Eir address the customer sends the letter to.

Any half well run company would have a simple process to get it to the right department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭1874

Deeclif75

I completely understand your frustration regarding this issue and we do apologise to our customers.  We are addressing this, but it will take a period of time to train up new employees.  You can only cancel your account by calling 1901 and speaking to the loyalty department.

Many thanks

~Linzi

The email address ccm@eir.ie is currently not active.  You can certainly write in to give your 30 days notice, which was posted previously in this thread.  You can click here to view this information.

Many thanks

~Linzi
    mgbgt1978

Could you pm me the following details and I will verify that you account has been cancelled.

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

Linzi
    Will you not provide the cancellation details?
    email/postal address?

1874 wrote: »
    Deeclif75

Many thanks

~Linzi

Many thanks

~Linzi
    mgbgt1978

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

Linzi
    Will you not provide the cancellation details?
    email/postal address?
    Please click here to view the cancellation address. 

Many thanks

Linzi

".and has since received 2 texts and 3 emails informing me that I am liable for an undisclosed 'Early Cancellation' charge."

Isn't it amazing that Eir has a very efficient communication process (email and txt!) for extracting money but are unwilling to provide a simple, reliable way of closing your account, either online of via email.

Trust me, your best way to cancel your account is:

Try to contact Eir by phone, if the account is not closed in 15 minutes. Email Eir at their (ComReg designated) address at

ccm@eir.ie

Wait 10 days.

Cancel direct debit with you bank (online). (Obviously You will have to pay any legitimate extra charges per contract.)

If the account is not closed then escalate to ComReg.

This process provides a written trail showing you closed the account per the contract.

Alternatively if you want spend hours on the phone listening to Eirs very limited music collection, go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Sarahdow wrote: »
    I have reached out to Eir Mobile at least 7 times over the last 3 months trying to cancel my phone plan and resolve my HORRIBLE experience.

I called in December to deactivate my account because I am not from Ireland and have moved back to my country, therefore I have NO need for my account anymore. The person on the phone told me he had deactivated my account. I was billed on the 17th of January, and again on the 21st of February, and both times I reached out over phone and chat to express that payments were still coming out for my account, even though I haven’t used my phone plan since December. 

Each time I spoke with someone, they said my account had not been closed down, and was still active, even those each person had confirmed they closed it while on the phone/over chat. I had been told over and OVER again by different people that they would now close the account, and yet it’s not being closed, and I’ve been charged for TWO bills which I refuse to pay. Every person I spoke with have been incompetent of properly helping me, and it’s SO difficult to get in contact with them from a different country.

I demanded a refund, and a guy from the loyalty department told me he was escalating my case, and issuing me a refund which would take them roughly a month to process. a MONTH to refund me 60 euro. I spoke with him on Feb 21st... on Feb 23rd (today) I filed an email complaint, and went onto a chat again (because last time I called them I got charged $100 for long distance even though they advertised it was a toll-free number, and was on hold for 2 hours), and low and behold, my account is still active! He even mentioned something about a cancellation code, which no one else had mentioned, and I've never received one.

To say the service I have experienced has been shocking is an understatement, and I will take to social media and keep emailing and calling and messaging until this is sorted. I don’t trust this will get resolved because every person I’ve spoke to so far as NOT followed through on ANYTHING I’ve asked them to do. I am beyond myself that I have to do this in order to merely cancel my phone plan!!! I will NOT be recommending Eir Mobile to anyone, as their customer service has been 0% helpful from day 1. Absolutely fuming.
    Hi Sarahdow, 

Sincere apologies your account was not cancelled when you requested it. 

I have received your PM and I have responded. 

Once I get a response I will reply. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

So on the 10th working day finally got a response to my complaint email to the email address Comreg gave me ccm@eir. Confirmed the account is now closed and the balance waived. Balance on myeir.ie account still says €170, expecting a bill any day now..... sigh

So on the 10th working day finally got a response to my complaint email to the email address Comreg gave me ccm@eir. Confirmed the account is now closed and the balance waived. Balance on myeir.ie account still says €170, expecting a bill any day now..... sigh
    Hi Deeclif75

Can you pm me the following details and I will check everything has gone through ok for you. 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

Linzi

"So on the 10th working day finally got a response'

Love the 10th day.... Sounds almost biblical..

Loh on the 10th day he looked upon the complaint and saw that it was with merit and with all his might he moved the great enterprise to remove the sin and make it whole again.

Hallehluia,

Hallehluia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

But that email address is not active.

FFS.

Uriel. wrote: »

FFS.

The

ccm@eir.ie

email is active.

It is the ComReg designated email address for complaints with Eir.

If Eir don't respond within 10 days escalate to ComReg.

As Mrs. May would say Simples.

FFS.

The reps did say that, didn’t they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

FFS.

The reps did say that, didn’t they?
    Do you believe a rep here or comreg?

But it doesn't really matter if comreg state that is the email address to use then you use if. If its not in use then Eir need to be telling comreg.

my3cents wrote: »

But it doesn't really matter if comreg state that is the email address to use then you use if. If its not in use then Eir need to be telling comreg.

I’m not even an Eir customer but I find it crazy that everyone is having such trouble getting cancelled.

I’d use that email address when cancelling and cc comreg in too for proof. Cancel the direct debit aswell after the 30 days.

Only question I would have is if you are transferring to another provider, would you get connected after the 30 days?

The ccm@eir.ie email account is working fine:

I just sent a test email and got this automated reply.

Thank you, we have received your query from www.eir.ie. Please note this is an automated response to the query you submitted on eir.ie.
    The matter will be investigated and a member of the Customer Care Team or a representative from the appropriate business unit will be in touch with you shortly. Due to higher than normal complaint volumes, there may be a delay of up to 5 working days to respond to your query. Please be assured we have received your query and we aim to resolve this as soon as possible. This response has generated automatically, please do not reply to this e-mail.

Kind Regards,
    eir Customer Care.

For further information, please see eir' s Complaints Code of Practise.
    https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

It would be helpful if the a rep could dispel the misconception that the email is not active, as I think it started on this broad.

• Advertisement

The email address ccm@eir.ie is currently not active.  You can certainly write in to give your 30 days notice, which was posted previously in this thread.  You can click here to view this information.

Many thanks

~Linzi

It did start with the Eir rep, Paddy

paddy19 wrote: »
    "So on the 10th working day finally got a response'

Love the 10th day.... Sounds almost biblical..

Loh on the 10th day he looked upon the complaint and saw that it was with merit and with all his might he moved the great enterprise to remove the sin and make it whole again.

Hallehluia,

Hallehluia

That made me laugh:)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

I'm having the same problem. Eir are withholding my UAN number. The reps here won't give it to me either. They've made some kind of error with my account number, and so I'm trapped in no mans land. I have 2 more days until I can get back to Comreg. Either that or I'm going to start contacting radio stations...

inocybe wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. Eir are withholding my UAN number. The reps here won't give it to me either. They've made some kind of error with my account number, and so I'm trapped in no mans land. I have 2 more days until I can get back to Comreg. Either that or I'm going to start contacting radio stations...
    Hi Inocybe

Your UAN number is fully visible on your myeir account, which has now been paired up with your relevant account number. 

Regards

Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

my3cents wrote: »

I was being sarcastic.
    I'm at 12 days post automated acknowledgement from that email address and no sign of any substantive response.

I was being sarcastic.
    I'm at 12 days post automated acknowledgement from that email address and no sign of any substantive response.

Escalate to ComReg.

Advertisement