Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finished with xbox

Options
  • 17-02-2019 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Had a 360
    Switched to PS4
    Then to xbox1x

State if decay 2
    Sea of thieves
    Crackdown 3
    Below

Just terrible, actually insulting to even release

Looking forward to ditch this and revert back to ps

Do Microsoft not care anymore about the Xbox? Are they going to slowly stop it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Had a 360
    Switched to PS4
    Then to xbox1x

State if decay 2
    Sea of thieves
    Crackdown 3
    Below

Offer 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Had a 360
    Switched to PS4
    Then to xbox1x

State if decay 2
    Sea of thieves
    Crackdown 3
    Below

Gamepass,ea access, free games every month, better hardware, stable network
    Byeee

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Had a 360
    Switched to PS4
    Then to xbox1x

State if decay 2
    Sea of thieves
    Crackdown 3
    Below

You ok hun?x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Their download speeds are horrendous anyway. Went to play a game on my One S earlier and the notion went off me when faced with an update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Does Xbox know yet?

• Advertisement

Their download speeds are horrendous anyway. Went to play a game on my One S earlier and the notion went off me when faced with an update.

Xboxes? Their service is much more stable than PS, always has been.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Xboxes? Their service is much more stable than PS, always has been.

It's stable in that it's never been down for me, but speeds are glacial. No experience of Sony in comparison.

It's stable in that it's never been down for me, but speeds are glacial. No experience of Sony in comparison.

What speed is your broadband?

What speed is your broadband?

Every other device in the house, wired and wireless, sits at minimum 75MB/s. The One S does about 150k.

Every other device in the house, wired and wireless, sits at minimum 75MB/s. The One S does about 150k.

And have you tried the Xbox wired? There may be some interference if that's the speed your getting.

• Advertisement

And have you tried the Xbox wired? There may be some interference if that's the speed your getting.

No the Xbox is on WiFi. Had it in 3 rooms and never any better, I normally just fire it up early in the morning if there are games to update and it'll be done by evening then. That said, I only have two games and it's not very often I'd play anyway so it doesn't hold me up too much.

No the Xbox is on WiFi. Had it in 3 rooms and never any better, I normally just fire it up early in the morning if there are games to update and it'll be done by evening then. That said, I only have two games and it's not very often I'd play anyway so it doesn't hold me up too much.

Try it wired then and see does it improve. You can also set it to update games in sleep mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Honestly, it's hard to see Microsoft gaining any ground on Sony come the next iteration of consoles. The install base for Playstation is so massive right now that they need only avoid shooting themselves in the foot and they'll probably trounce Xbox again.

Microsoft probably can't wait for the paradigm to shift from conoles to online streaming. They can't outsell Sony when it comes to hardware - despite coming close with the 360. Sony have been in the business of manufacturing tech devices a lot longer and it shows. They have a better grasp of what consumers want from a product. And when they do get it wrong (first PS3) they move quickly to correct the mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I have never had any issues with connection or service

3rd party games play excellent too

But these utter pieces of **** that they are releasing under Microsoft are disgraceful

I have game pass, service is very good

Just their exclusives literally take the piss

PS4 updates way quicker than the xbox does but Xbox wins the race in terms of game download speed in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

PS4 updates way quicker than the xbox does but Xbox wins the race in terms of game download speed in my experience.

Would agree, game download speeds on my PS4 are woefully slow compared to my Xbox. Been a long time Xbox owner and was surprised at how slow speeds on PS4 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Same again here. My XB and PS are on the same wifi network at home and the PS is painfully slow with game downloads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Xbox has good points obviously but they're definitely dropped the ball massively with exclusives this gen. I use both consoles and I've always preferred Xbox but the PS4 game library this gen is way stronger.

Some people get very defensive about it for some strange reason. No-one's claiming the Xbox has no good points, or that it doesn't have some great games....but just really poor exclusives this time around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Xbox has good points obviously but they're definitely dropped the ball massively with exclusives this gen. I use both consoles and I've always preferred Xbox but the PS4 game library this gen is way stronger.

Some people get very defensive about it for some strange reason. No-one's claiming the Xbox has no good points, or that it doesn't have some great games....but just really poor exclusives this time around.

Yeah, other than the Forza series, this generation has been a disaster in terms of good exclusives. The end of the 360 era really wrong footed the execs in charge, what with more people using the 360 to watch netflix and Kinect being the fastest selling electronic device in history. I can sympathise a little with them from that point of view, but man, did they make the wrong conclusions from that data.

Anyway, this generation was basically lost before it started, and the decisions taken back then are the main reason we have no exclusive worth mentioning now. It'll change with the next generation, with gaming being made into a major player inside Microsoft, reporting directly to the CEO instead of having to being a subsection of Windows, but this generation is pretty much a write off.

They've done well just to get back to this point, but we won't see the benefit of these changes until the next console sadly.

MS have definitely made the best of a terrible situation by focusing on Game Pass which to me and a lot of others has become a must have service if you own an Xbox.

I'm still struggling to see why they went ahead with releasing Crackdown 3 and didn't just can it though. I think scrapping the project would have done far less damage to the brand than releasing it. It's been universally slammed and I've yet to hear a positive comment about it in reviews. All it does is add strength to the argument that MS are woeful when it comes to first party exclusives this gen.

Personally, the whole console war thing wrecks my head. Its like the football mentality that your team are sh!t cos their not my team, but releasing turds like Crackdown 3 only adds fuel to those types of peoples arguments.

I can see how releasing a game as substandard as Crackdown 3 will push Xbox owners that were already on the fence towards PS next gen, it just sends out a really poor message when they should be trying to instill confidence in the brand in the run up to a new generation of consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

something wrong with settings on your router if thats the case, you hardly have a low priority set on certain traffic (like gaming) id DMZ your Xbox on the router and see if there is a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

skerry wrote: »
    MS have definitely made the best of a terrible situation by focusing on Game Pass which to me and a lot of others has become a must have service if you own an Xbox.

I'm still struggling to see why they went ahead with releasing Crackdown 3 and didn't just can it though. I think scrapping the project would have done far less damage to the brand than releasing it. It's been universally slammed and I've yet to hear a positive comment about it in reviews. All it does is add strength to the argument that MS are woeful when it comes to first party exclusives this gen.

Personally, the whole console war thing wrecks my head. Its like the football mentality that your team are sh!t cos their not my team, but releasing turds like Crackdown 3 only adds fuel to those types of peoples arguments.

I can see how releasing a game as substandard as Crackdown 3 will push Xbox owners that were already on the fence towards PS next gen, it just sends out a really poor message when they should be trying to instill confidence in the brand in the run up to a new generation of consoles.

They still needed a property to showcase how Azure cloud computing works in tandem with Xbox units to create better gaming experiences.
    Unfortunately, it fell flat on it's arse and has damaged people's perception of Cloud Enhanced Gaming, Crackdown and Xbox in general as a result :(

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Exactly, I think the Xbox hardware is very good, game pass is a great idea, network is good too . 3rd party Games play a lot better

However without decent games on this generation , I think I will switch back to PlayStation

PlayStation has its own strengths and weaknesses too , but ultimately it’s good games I want to play

Having a 1x or soon to be 2x and playing Xbox 360 Games via game pass is great but only if there are decent current gen exclusives too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

I'm thinking of going the other way than you. Was thinking of getting a One X for third party games and keeping my ps4 pro for Sony exclusives. X is definitely the more powerful and better build console from what i can see but sony are smashing it on first party games.

Exactly, I think the Xbox hardware is very good, game pass is a great idea, network is good too . 3rd party Games play a lot better

However without decent games on this generation , I think I will switch back to PlayStation

PlayStation has its own strengths and weaknesses too , but ultimately it’s good games I want to play

Having a 1x or soon to be 2x and playing Xbox 360 Games via game pass is great but only if there are decent current gen exclusives too

The biggest sellers on all consoles are usually FIFA, COD, Fortnite and that sort of yearly release game. For the vast majority of people they are the games they play on their consoles and all they care about.

Exclusives just aren't as popular as people think. I'd always advise someone to get the console their friends have over the exclusives available, especially parents buying for kids.

The bonus is though buying consoles is a lot cheaper now a days. I've had the PS4, One X and Switch this generation. I also have a PC. They all have their benefits and are worth having especially if you can get a good deal on a bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Exclusives just aren't as popular as people think.

God of War and Spider-man were two of the biggest selling games of 2018. Both PS exclusives.

mcgooch wrote: »
    God of War and Spider-man were two of the biggest selling games of 2018. Both PS exclusives.

Top 4 were all multi platform games according to NPD. But I think this list must be for American sales only though :confused:

1. RDR2
    2. BLOPS4
    3. NBA 2K19
    4. Madden 19
    5. Smash Bros (Launched in December)
    6. Spiderman
    7. Far Cry 5
    8. God Of War
    9. Monster Hunter
    10. Assassin's Creed Odyssey

So of the top 10, three are exclusives.

11. GTAV
    12. Mario Kart 8
    13. FIFA 19
    14. Battlefield V
    15. Super Mario Odyssey
    16. COD WW2
    17. Dragon Ball Fighter Z
    18. BOTW
    19. Super Mario Party
    20. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu.

Of the next 10, five are platform exclusives. Like I said, the big multi platform games are what matter to most people, and the exclusives are the bonus on top.

Also I'm quite surprised at the ranking of some of the Switch games. BOTW, Odyssey and MK8 we're all released in 2017 but all feature in the Top 20 for 2018.

Smash Bros Ultimate was available for a month and has had phenomenal sales figures.

When looking at exclusives though it'd be interesting to see the attach rate of a game to the console though. That would probably tell me than simple sales figures.

Top 4 were all multi platform games according to NPD. But I think this list must be for American sales only though :confused:

1. RDR2
    2. BLOPS4
    3. NBA 2K19
    4. Madden 19
    5. Smash Bros (Launched in December)
    6. Spiderman
    7. Far Cry 5
    8. God Of War
    9. Monster Hunter
    10. Assassin's Creed Odyssey

So of the top 10, three are exclusives.

11. GTAV
    12. Mario Kart 8
    13. FIFA 19
    14. Battlefield V
    15. Super Mario Odyssey
    16. COD WW2
    17. Dragon Ball Fighter Z
    18. BOTW
    19. Super Mario Party
    20. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu.

Of the next 10, five are platform exclusives. Like I said, the big multi platform games are what matter to most people, and the exclusives are the bonus on top.

Also I'm quite surprised at the ranking of some of the Switch games. BOTW, Odyssey and MK8 we're all released in 2017 but all feature in the Top 20 for 2018.

Smash Bros Ultimate was available for a month and has had phenomenal sales figures.

When looking at exclusives though it'd be interesting to see the attach rate of a game to the console though. That would probably tell me than simple sales figures.

I was just gonna post to same the same thing about the Switch exclusives. The lists vary but there are generally equal, if not more, Switch exclusives in the top ten lists. The difference I think is that Sony just market a lot more around the whole exclusive thing as that is their strength. They always seem to go for Sony exclusive content deals on big multi-plat games too and advertise strongly around that.

Not understating the quality of the first party titles Sony have but I do think the marketing gives the impressions that its wall to wall exclusives when really its only a few titles (admittedly good ones).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't have a PS but I have read over the years that their downloads speeds are horrendous. This is a reply to the guy who said Xbox has slow download speeds.

Also this is from reading around so PS may have updated the speeds since then.

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    I was just gonna post to same the same thing about the Switch exclusives. The lists vary but there are generally equal, if not more, Switch exclusives in the top ten lists. The difference I think is that Sony just market a lot more around the whole exclusive thing as that is their strength. They always seem to go for Sony exclusive content deals on big multi-plat games too and advertise strongly around that.

Not understating the quality of the first party titles Sony have but I do think the marketing gives the impressions that its wall to wall exclusives when really its only a few titles (admittedly good ones).

Bloodborne was my favorite Sony exclusive this generation. I don't really like Spiderman so wasn't interested, had Good of War for a little while and I enjoyed it. Horizon Zero Dawn was very good as well but I found the voice acting quite poor. I can't remember any other exclusive to be honest that caught my attention. Days Gone looked good but that seems to have had much less publicity than all the rest.

For Xbox, I loved Sunset Overdrive, Cuphead, Ori and the Blind Forest. But I've used my Xbox for all the multi platform games because that's where a decent group of friends play.

The Switch has been a great buy for me. I've had BOTW, Octopath Traveller, Odyssey, MK8 and now Smash.

So for every console people will find something they enjoy.

Advertisement