Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on switching insurance policy?

Options
  • 17-02-2019 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi everyone i have a private car policy but I would like to switch to a van due to work would suit me better but my policy still has 5 months left on it before it is up does anyone know if you can switch I know there 2 diffrent complete policy but has anyone done this before im with liberty insurance thanks in advanced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

Yes ive done it but through a broker. They gave me credit from my private policy onto the commercial policy. However dont think youll get 50% of your private policy back if youve 6 months left on it. Its always less

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Phillipphillip

Yes ive done it but through a broker. They gave me credit from my private policy onto the commercial policy. However dont think youll get 50% of your private policy back if youve 6 months left on it. Its always less

But will I still be able to continue the remainder of the months left to get that no claims bonus let say if I have 4 months left to finish and I swap to a van and finish it on the van then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Don't assume that your private car ncb will transfer over.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Phillipphillip

vandriver wrote: »
    Don't assume that your private car ncb will transfer over.

So it won't transfer over you think . I have 4 months left to finish off on private car . It won't be worth my while starting a new commercial policy for the sake of waiting the 4 months

Advertisement