Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair phone line

Options
  • 17-02-2019 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible for an Eir technician to help to locate the phone line in the house? We bought the house second hand a few years ago but forgot to ask where is the phone line located.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

dublin2000 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it possible for an Eir technician to help to locate the phone line in the house? We bought the house second hand a few years ago but forgot to ask where is the phone line located.

Thanks
    Hi dublin2000

Do you already have an account with eir or any other telecommunications company?

~Thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dublin2000

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Hi dublin2000

Do you already have an account with eir or any other telecommunications company?

~Thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

I currently have a digital phone so not using the phone line at all. purely because we don't know where the phone line is in the house! Hence my question above. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Hi dublin2000

~Thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

I currently have a digital phone so not using the phone line at all. purely because we don't know where the phone line is in the house! Hence my question above. Thanks
    Hi dublin2000

You can find more information and support on phone line queries here

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If you can't find the phone socket then it's unlikely there was ever a line into the property
    If it's since been renovated and the line "plastered" over for instance then you will need to uncover it yourself - the technicians don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dublin2000

fritzelly wrote: »
    If you can't find the phone socket then it's unlikely there was ever a line into the property
    If it's since been renovated and the line "plastered" over for instance then you will need to uncover it yourself - the technicians don't do it.
    Hi Fritzelly, thanks for your reply. The problem is that I couldn't really go knock holes in the house try to locate the socket. I'm hoping a technician have tools that they can help to locate the area that the line. There may not be, but that's why i'm asking the questions here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Best thing to do is place an order, if there was a line there it will show when they order.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Doghouses

Very unlikely. If house has been renovated forget about it. An electrician may have run lines to comms room or attic. You will probably need a new line brought in which would require you having an accessible duct out to the road from your house or alternatively come from a telegraph pole

Advertisement