Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car which fits 3 rearfacing seats

Options
  • 18-02-2019 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

We are due number three shortly and in the market for a second hand car which will fit the three kids, ideally rearfacing. Hubby has ruled out the C4 Picasso or Renault scenic. Funds are right and don't want to go over 20k but would like to get five years out of it . Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Is it a large car your looking for and not a 7 seater.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Open to either to be honest. I'm completely bamboozled by what's out there and the limited budget doesn't help!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

My daughter is in same predicament, number 3 nearly here. She and hubby looking at the Skoda's, Octavia or supreme.it was a taxi man who was telling them he found them the best for room in the back. Not an expert myself so hopefully you get more opinions. The motors forum might be worth a try too,lots of good advice from some lads on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

There’s a Facebook group Ireland - rearfacing car seats that has albums of all the cars with three across and which seats are in the combo. The admins can also help with specific questions. I’d highly recommend it. They’ve very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I have two minikids in an smax, and will fit a maxi cosi beside them come summer. I could fit a third minikid, but would have to put my oldest rear facer behind the driver, in a more upright position because I’d have to be able to put the drivers seat far back (OH is 6’4”). I’m not bothered about this, because realistically, when new baby is out of the infant seat, the older minikid user will be 4.5, and I’ll be putting him in a booster.
    It’s a great car, highly recommend- the boot is huge if I’m not using the boot seats, and adequate if I am (would just about fit a double buggy, standing up).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We ruled out those too, settled on a Ford Smax....looks the least like a 7 seater.Love it.20k will get you a very decent one of those.Each rear seat on the "middle" row is isofix.Boot is huge and handy to have the two extra seats for extra kids doing lifts or whatever.We have three across, two in forward facing.Nice to drive too.Surprisingly, I quite like mine and I wasn't expecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We have an Octavia and it didn't take three rear facing. Didn't like the smax. I wasn't keen on a Picasso but it's what ended up offering us what we wanted in our price range. Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

This fb page is amazing. They will 100% be able to help you and let you know.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/456353881062172/

Advertisement