Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting Conservatory to Sunroom

Options
  • 18-02-2019 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have small leak in the Perspex roof in my conservatory, it looks like the sealant has degraded. Before I get someone out to repair it I was thinking about possibly converting it to a sunroom, with a proper roof instead of the Perspex roof. It’s not a big room, about 3.3m x 2.25m. Assuming the walls will take a roof, what would an approximate cost of this be?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Gervaldo wrote: »
    I have small leak in the Perspex roof in my conservatory, it looks like the sealant has degraded. Before I get someone out to repair it I was thinking about possibly converting it to a sunroom, with a proper roof instead of the Perspex roof. It’s not a big room, about 3.3m x 2.25m. Assuming the walls will take a roof, what would an approximate cost of this be?

My sister got something similar done but there was much more to it than simply replacing the roof.

The walls had to be replaced/or strengthened,insulated and skimmed and the roof had to be rebuilt from scratch and similarly insulated,skimmed and the whole structure rewired.

I can't remember how much it cost offhand but it was pricey enough,the upside of it all being the room is much warmer and nowhere near as much heat is lost through the conservatory.

I *guess* you could be looking at 6k or more to have it done properly.

Advertisement