Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

google-gmail

Options
  • 18-02-2019 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

I cannot remember my password at present, nightmare! cannot get any resolution-is there anyone I can contact like...
    usual stuff--enter email address(previous) it was a old work email, no longer there-so inactive! then-date when joined.. years back-unsure! any advise please

tia

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Did you ever add your mobile number to the account? If so you should be able to use that to reset the password. Failing that contacting Google directly might help if you explain the situation. They will usually ask you some questions to prove ownership and then you can gain access to the account again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

What options do you get when you click 'Forgot Password'?

Edit: I went though it there. They give you plenty of options tbf.

Enter the last password you remember
    Verification code to another email address (you had to have added this before)
    Confirm your phone number (This may have been added before or maybe if you have an Android phone, they might have this)
    Security question
    Month and year account created
    Enter an email address and they'll contact you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

other email address I had used-was an old work one! is dead like..
    phone number never was used like also.. old fashion here-auld phone I have!

month+year-am unsure of when set up-years back like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

wiggy123 wrote: »
    other email address I had used-was an old work one! is dead like..
    phone number never was used like also.. old fashion here-auld phone I have!

month+year-am unsure of when set up-years back like
    Enter an email address and they'll contact you

I think what they mean by the last one is for you to enter an e-mail address that you CAN access and they'll get in contact with you. In saying this, I believe you can just create a new one just for the sake of being contacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I think what they mean by the last one is for you to enter an e-mail address that you CAN access and they'll get in contact with you. In saying this, I believe you can just create a new one just for the sake of being contacted.

Correct, enter a current email address.

• Advertisement

done that also... see need old email address---using it-for looking for a new job.. so hense getting emails is key to that email addy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

If you have ever logged into that account using Chrome you can check the password manager to see if the password was saved.

cheers--will try that later--unsure if it did...

password came back to me-- so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

wiggy123 wrote: »
    password came back to me-- so happy days
    Register alternative current email and/or phone to avoid future mishaps. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Register alternative current email and/or phone to avoid future mishaps. :D

Def do both alt email and phone. I keep forgetting my gmail password and only for the phone authorisation, I'd be totally screwed!

Advertisement