Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The price of vanilla

Options
  • 18-02-2019 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has vanilla become really expensive in the last few months ? 2 pods in Tesco for €6.99 and even in Lidl it's €2.99 for just one.

A ~50ml jar of decent vanilla extract will cost between €8-10.

Has anyone noticed any other shops where the price is more reasonable ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

grahamor wrote: »
    Is it just me or has vanilla become really expensive in the last few months ? 2 pods in Tesco for €6.99 and even in Lidl it's €2.99 for just one.

A ~50ml jar of decent vanilla extract will cost between €8-10.

Has anyone noticed any other shops where the price is more reasonable ?

Thanks

Prices for vanilla have gone up everywhere last year, demand is increasing and it's expensive to grow and harvest. Think there was also a shortage due to extreme weather.
    I've seen a price increase in other countries as well, I don't think it can be gotten cheaper anywhere these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Ya even when we purchased 100 packs for work they were still working out at around €1 each.

Advertisement