Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with faulty monitor

Options
  • 18-02-2019 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey everyone, need a some ideas from more tech savvy people than myself...
    I am a proud and fairly content owner of a Phillips 40" 4k monitor, been in service nearly four years working fine.

Recently it developed a fault where one of the horizontal strips is darker than the rest - assume it is a backlight issue. Absolutely horrible when screen displays uniform colors but not too bad when watching a movie etc.

That lasted maybe two months, as of a few days ago monitor is all black - it happened mid-movie. Everything just went black.

Monitor still draws power has lights etc, it is detected by windows and as far as I can tell Windows sends content to it but I just can't see it.

Could it be something fairly easy to fix like inverter board etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sorry to say but the dark strips failure sounds more like the panel failed. Is there any display at all if you shine a light on the display? If backlight went, you should still see a faint image usually

Advertisement