Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low flying loud plan Lastnight/thismorning

• 18-02-2019 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Did anybody else hear a really loud low plane overnight?

Sounded really old fashioned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Did anybody else hear a really loud low plane overnight?

Sounded really old fashioned.

I heard something like that, around 6am in Kiltimagh. Had forgotten about it until saw this post :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Passed over Westport around 5am. Pretty loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Cavok Air Antonov 12 at 27000ft propeller plane which makes a shed load of noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

tricky D wrote: »
    Cavok Air Antonov 12 at 27000ft propeller plane which makes a shed load of noise.

heard it myself, thought it was the coastguard helicopter myself.

here is the track.

https://fr24.com/2019-02-18/05:13/24x/CVK7112/1f88dcea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Heard that also. Sounded like it was very low. Is it a cargo plane?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

s_carnage wrote: »
    Heard that also. Sounded like it was very low. Is it a cargo plane?

Yes, it is it's a cargo plane initially designed for the Soviet Air Force, and it uses four turboprop engines. As far as I'm aware, the first models of this type of aircraft started flying in 1957 although I'm unsure of the exact age of the one that flew over.

Advertisement