Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money missing from my account

Options
  • 18-02-2019 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

<snipped>
    My concern is that although I have a transfer to another BOI account (edit my own account that I can see in 365), it isnt for this amount, although I dont know the date the transfer is meant for as BOI have been so shambolic in setting that new account up, no one ever called me back about it, so either BOI has incorrectly deducted the incorrect amount or someone else has gotten access to my account and deducted the money! I have not set up any new DD or SEPA or SO recently or in a long time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

1874 wrote: »
    <SNIP>

My concern is that although I have a transfer to another BOI account (edit my own account that I can see in 365), it isnt for this amount, although I dont know the date the transfer is meant for as BOI have been so shambolic in setting that new account up, no one ever called me back about it, so either BOI has incorrectly deducted the incorrect amount or someone else has gotten access to my account and deducted the money! I have not set up any new DD or SEPA or SO recently or in a long time.
    I'll follow up reply rather that edit (I made one already, I dont want to be accused of changing anything) BOI sent me a reply in PM stating I had generally implied something sinister was afoot, after an initial PM stating I made defamatory references, I checked my screenshots and there is none, I expressed my concern that a previous thread appeared to have ended suddenly and after having a post deleted for an alleged defamatory comment/statement, Im then tod there was a general sense that something sinister is going on, I consider it sinister that 2500 has disappeared from my account, I never suggested or even considered or even now do not think BOI took my money or facilitated it, but why shut down posts? I have the screenshot, Im happy to disoute it here in boards and elsewhere, the financial regulator at the least, I wont be accused of defamation, and then for you to fob it off with ("oh I understand, I had money taken from my own account-not BOI" hope you find your money) or words to that affect.
    Im more concerned now with BOI replies here if this is your attitude.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

That was NOT Bank of Ireland or any rep who messaged you, that was me - community manager of the website you are using.

It's worrying that you can't make out that much from my username. I don't think the Financial Regulator is interested in how I moderate forums on the site. 

Do not post about mod actions or messages again on thread - you are a member long enough to know that this is against site rules. 

That was NOT Bank of Ireland or any rep who messaged you, that was me - community manager of the website you are using.

It's worrying that you can't make out that much from my username. I don't think the Financial Regulator is interested in how I moderate forums on the site. 

Do not post about mod actions or messages again on thread - you are a member long enough to know that this is against site rules. 
    I am urgent to get a response, there was nothing in my post which you referred to, not general or specific or vague because I dont like being accused of that, by boards or BOI or anyone, Im not foolish enough to defame anyone,
    I thought your reply was a BOI rep, I dont appreciate your lack of concern for the issue I have, and I dont think your smart reply about whther the Financial regulator is concerned about how you moderate boards, it does not help in anyway, perhaps you should let BOI deal with BOI issues, if they didnt find it an issue. I never insinuated BOI was up to anything just that I want a rapid response,

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Grand, let's leave the rest of this for the other thread you've started.

I'm sure a rep will be along shortly to reply to your query and help you find out what happened to your money. 

I feel there is nothing grand about it at all, your input to the thread has not been constructive or positive, I didnt make any comments you suggested, it just did not help, either the thread or my problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

<snipped>

Hi 1874,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Have you been able to speak with one of our colleagues in customer services to have this looked into? We've just checked and there are no calls holding at the moment. Please be assured this will be looked into as soon as you've been in touch.

If we can help with anything here please drop us a private message.

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Here we go again

Op is there any update on what happened to the 2500?

<snipped>

Hi 1874,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Have you been able to speak with one of our colleagues in customer services to have this looked into? We've just checked and there are no calls holding at the moment. Please be assured this will be looked into as soon as you've been in touch.

If we can help with anything here please drop us a private message.

Tara
    No calls holding? Im already off the phone, I have been told by someone they will ring me back tomorrow, I can understand they need to look into it and I cannot even see in my account where the money has gone, but its not for a quantity I authorised and I havent set up any new or recent DD or SOs.

Here we go again

Op is there any update on what happened to the 2500?
    Im waiting on a response, they need to look into it, Im hoping this is BOI took the wrong amount on the wrong day for another account I have with them, but the amount is not appearing in that account, I havent even made any transactions online or otherwise, I just logged in to check I how much money I had to withdraw to pay some large sums in bills as I was concerned to transfer it online after reading another posters thread.

No calls holding? Im already off the phone, I have been told by someone they will ring me back tomorrow, I can understand they need to look into it and I cannot even see in my account where the money has gone, but its not for a quantity I authorised and I havent set up any new or recent DD or SOs.

Thanks for getting back to us 1874. We're glad to hear you got through to one of our colleagues and please be assured they will get back to you.

If you have a direct debit set up to a savings account, these will only debit current accounts Monday to Friday which could cause the date to change. The balance displayed for savings and deposit accounts on 365 Online does not update in real time like a current account. The system will show the previous working day's balance and if the payment you're querying is to a savings account this amount will reflect in the online balance tomorrow. The adviser you spoke to today will be able to confirm this for you tomorrow.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back to us 1874. We're glad to hear you got through to one of our colleagues and please be assured they will get back to you.

If you have a direct debit set up to a savings account, these will only debit current accounts Monday to Friday which could cause the date to change. The balance displayed for savings and deposit accounts on 365 Online does not update in real time like a current account. The system will show the previous working day's balance and if the payment you're querying is to a savings account this amount will reflect in the online balance tomorrow. The adviser you spoke to today will be able to confirm this for you tomorrow.

Thanks
    Tara
    except this is for an amount I have not set up on a date I didnt expect,

In the meantime, Im concerned to use or even have a balance in my current account, I requested my overdraft be deleted, Im going to withdraw the balance today, my pay goes in there and I have bills (some to BOI) that are paid from that account.

resolved, no security issue, none on their end or mine,
    BOI have got back to me and in fairness I would not be happy waiting until tomorrow for an answer if the answer was available now, and they have done so, that much Im happy with.

Money was put into an account I was not aware of, I created a saver account (one) recently, 2 were created, One I knew of the other without my awareness, I thought Id one and had the intention of having one, but after the who-ha of getting it organised BOI seems to have created 2, even after the who-ha over the account being set that I knew of, there was a limited and poor information as far as Im concerend and no call backs, so a lot of me ringing them to sort it out, there was still no clear answer when the money was to be sent to the account I knew existed.
    Saw an amount I had not wanted taken, on a date I had not expected (this morning), not turning up in any account I had access to, after other people complained about similar circumstances (BOI and elsewhere) and online reports in Irish newspapers re scammers had me fearing the worst, I thought my bank details had been accessed somehow or via BOI, which to my relief has not been the case.
    Im relieved its resolved but not happy that had to go through such an ordeal, I still think if you see money going missing from your account, get on it ASAP.
    While Im relieved its been resolved, I feel it was unnecessary, Im also unhappy with Boards repsonse by deleting my original post, which I have a screenprint record of and a claim of having something potentially defamatory in it, I never thought for a second BOI were up to anything underhand and I never insinuated it, I did think I was the subject of something else, like some kind of scam (from an outside perpetrator).

Just to add, I would like that this thread isnt shut down immediately, in the event anyone wants to comment, I was following another similar thread and it felt like it closed down suddenly, it seems it was resolved and maybe the OP of that thread wanted it, I prefer it left open.

Glad to hear this was resolved faster than expected and we appreciate you taking the time to update the thread.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement