Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card application - follow on from another thread

Options
  • 18-02-2019 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

I didn't think it would be appropriate to latch on to this thread :

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057956074

My situation is fairly similar. Applied on Feb 1st. Online tool showing still at Step 1. Have called on 3 separate occasions to see where the application is or get some kind of idea of time frame, but just keep getting the same answer that the team is very busy processing applications. 

Surely there is some way to try and give people an idea of where they are in the application queue. Are we talking 2 or 3 more weeks. It can't be beyond the system technical capabilities to fetch all applications within a date range, work out average processing time and project an estimated date and then update people via text. 

I've no doubt the call centre have many of the same enquiries going in asking for an update on their application, and doing something proactive would mean less calls.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

logically wrote: »

My situation is fairly similar. Applied on Feb 1st. Online tool showing still at Step 1. Have called on 3 separate occasions to see where the application is or get some kind of idea of time frame, but just keep getting the same answer that the team is very busy processing applications. 

Surely there is some way to try and give people an idea of where they are in the application queue. Are we talking 2 or 3 more weeks. It can't be beyond the system technical capabilities to fetch all applications within a date range, work out average processing time and project an estimated date and then update people via text. 

I've no doubt the call centre have many of the same enquiries going in asking for an update on their application, and doing something proactive would mean less calls.

Hi Logically,

Thanks for the message.

As each application is dealt with on a case by case process and depending on the individual application and documents that may need to be checked the time frames can change. Sorry that you haven't had an update on this yet but please be assured that you'll be contacted as soon as your application has been fully processed.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Hi Logically,

Thanks for the message.

As each application is dealt with on a case by case process and depending on the individual application and documents that may need to be checked the time frames can change. Sorry that you haven't had an update on this yet but please be assured that you'll be contacted as soon as your application has been fully processed.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Thanks Darren. I appreciate there is a whole multitude of things to be checked through and each application is different. I would still suggest the team would send out some sort of communication to individuals directly, on what appears to be unprecedented volumes of applications coming through due to some Eir offer (?). There was no mention of extra delay at application stage and I had every expectation of a quick turnaround as I'm a BOI customer for more than 30 years ! The stated time on the advertising page says 24 hours, which sets the expectation - this should be modified to reflect reality as it is today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi Logically,

Thanks for the message.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Thanks Darren. I appreciate there is a whole multitude of things to be checked through and each application is different. I would still suggest the team would send out some sort of communication to individuals directly, on what appears to be unprecedented volumes of applications coming through due to some Eir offer (?). There was no mention of extra delay at application stage and I had every expectation of a quick turnaround as I'm a BOI customer for more than 30 years ! The stated time on the advertising page says 24 hours, which sets the expectation - this should be modified to reflect reality as it is today!

Thanks for getting back to us and for the feedback. Please be assured that all the feedback we receive here is passed on to the relevant department.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement