Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Man U FA Cup 5th round BBC 1 7:30pm

• 18-02-2019 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The tie of the round in the FA Cup finds the teams that are 6th and 4th in the league facing off in a game that must be decided tonight.

Opta stats.
    This will be the 14th FA Cup tie between Chelsea and Manchester United - the Blues have triumphed in each of the last four, including the final last season.

Manchester United have lost three of their five FA Cup matches against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, winning 5-3 in 1997-98 and 2-0 in 1998-99.

Chelsea could become the first team to eliminate Manchester United in five consecutive FA Cup meetings.

In all competitions, Manchester United have won just two of their last 22 away games against Chelsea (D7 L13), failing to win any of their last nine.

Manchester United have eliminated the FA Cup holders 10 times, more than any other side in the competition's history. They last did so in 2011-12 against Manchester City.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well it's a good tie for the competition, opens up the draw a bit.

Both chasing a CL place (probably the same spot) but as Liverpool are Utd's next PL opponents that suggests full strength tonight ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well it's a good tie for the competition, opens up the draw a bit.

Both chasing a CL place (probably the same spot) but as Liverpool are Utd's next PL opponents that suggests full strength tonight ;)

We'll be full strength although theres some arguments to be made for what that actually details. :o

The 2-1 result in Malmo the other night wasnt a reflection on how the game played out so I'd suspect tonight will be full strength from Chelsea and there'll be changes made for Thursdays game against Malmo, where we should be pretty much comfortable with our 2 away goals and again, reverting back to full strength for the cup final this weekend against City.

With City, Chelsea and Utd being the highest ranks side in the competition, the winner or at the very least finalist, should come from tonights game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Calamitous defending by Chelsea and misfiring up front will lead to comfortable United win.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Calamitous defending by Chelsea and misfiring up front will lead to comfortable United win.

We should be alright upfront with Hazard and Higuain, it depends on who starts RW, it will probably be one of the Chuckle brothers starts RW, Willian (it shouldnt be).

The other Chuckle brother will be slotted into LB but im holding out hope that Emerson will start (he wont).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I hate,hate when Utd play Chelsea whether it be home or away in any competition.It's the one fixture I never look forward too. EVER !!!!.

I'd have rather played City at the Ethiad then Chelsea. We've a wretched record against them at SB. From 5-0 and 4-0 thrashings,to them winning the title in 2006 with a 3-0 beating, offside goals,late equalisers,last minute equalisers,unfair dismissals,soft penalties,our last win against them at SB came courtesy of a offside goal against 9 men.They even managed too ruin Mourinhos cup final record in England and in 90 minutes in last years in cup final. They'll win comfortable tonight.

2-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

119 Mins of boredom to explode in the last min of extra time with a big fight red cards all round leaving an 8 player shoot out for each side with one keeper saving a pen walking away only for you to see the ball spin back into the net :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I reckon Chelsea to sing more bold songs then United and that's all that matters

We've been tripe against top class rivals the last 2 games so an improvement on those displays would be a welcomed start.

I'd like to see Chelsea line up as

Kepa
    Azp Rudiger Luiz Emerson
    Kante Jorginho RLC
    Odoi Higuain Hazard

In reality it will be

Kepa
    Azp Rudiger Luiz Alonso
    Kante Jorginho Barkley
    Willian Higuain Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I reckon Chelsea to sing more bold songs then United and that's all that matters

"Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea"

That's the only chant I've ever heard from them.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

"Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea"

That's the only chant I've ever heard from them.:)

'Come on Chelsea' and a Steven Gerrard song to mix it up a little. That's it methinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

'Come on Chelsea' and a Steven Gerrard song to mix it up a little. That's it methinks

Both sets of fans will be Untied as one singing one of those songs no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hard to know how it will go considering Chelsea are the ultimate Jeckyl and Hyde team this season but i just hope that everyone has a nice time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

United at the bridge. Always goes well

Even the time Chelsea went down to 9 men it was a struggle to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

After the result against PSG this is probably United's biggest game. Probably the last chance at a trophy this season. And of course its at the bridge :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm not confident. Perhaps it's because Bournemouth and City have 10 goals between them put passed us.
    Call me negatron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I know who I want to win. However, I think utd will come out on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

De Gea only on the bench Romero starts

Chelsea

Kepa
    Azp Ruidger Luiz Alonso
    Kante Jorginho Kovacic
    Pedro Higuain Hazard

We've wasted an awful amount of money on a lot of players that we're shi*e but whats happened Fred?

Shoe in for biggest flop in the summer transfer window at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

At least we're going for it with that team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

@ManUtd starting XI: Romero, Young, Smalling, Lindelöf, Shaw, Matić, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Rashford, Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Why leave de gea out??.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

hadepsx wrote: »
    Why leave de gea out??.

Romero has played all FA Cup games and is an excellent keeper in his own right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Why leave de gea out??.

Romero plays all the cup games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Romero has played all FA Cup games and is an excellent keeper in his own right.

Doesn't have a decent left foot at all. Keep an eye on him when he has the ball/ball is coming to him.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    We've wasted an awful amount of money on a lot of players that we're shi*e but whats happened Fred?

Shoe in for biggest flop in the summer transfer window at this rate.

Down with that sort of thing, careful now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like Chelsea have the better line-up so I'm expecting them to win. Hopefully Lukaku can step up though and surprise me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Does anyone know the situation with red cards carrying forward to the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

sabat wrote: »
    Does anyone know the situation with red cards carrying forward to the league?

Yes they carry to all domestic competitions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The scale of Lukaku is alarming.

He knew what he was doing with that slap in the face.

Good double save.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

He knew what he was doing with that slap in the face.

Vendetta

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

2 good saves there , nothing much in the slap in the face

Why leave de gea out??.

Romero earning his corn there

• Advertisement

Vendetta

Is he a Chelsea player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lukaku looking really bright so far.

Man U will be lucky to get back half the money they spent on Lukaku in the summer is the stories about selling are true if he remains the unit he is now.

You can see Jorginho and Higuain have that understanding from Napoli that could be good for Chelsea going on till the end of the season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

That’s very embarrassing there from Rashford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Why is Rashford holding the top of his head?

That’s very embarrassing there from Rashford

He was being fouled regardless of how he goes down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Young, you knacker.

He was being fouled regardless of how he goes down

If you were playing non contact tag football maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

There is something very reassuring about seeing solskjaer with Carrick beside him on the utd bench.

Jesus what’s going on tonight Pedro with his audition there for Britain’s got talent

SAF looking ten years younger

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Jaysis

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nearly a gift from Kepa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

But of a needless shove on Alonso there, missed who it was

• Advertisement
Advertisement