Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Man U FA Cup 5th round BBC 1 7:30pm

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sarri's after match comments will be explosive if they nab him coming off the pitch, he looks agitated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Does Young ever do anything right going forward? He can't cross and he struggles to even play a simple pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sarri needs a fag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I hate calling for any managers head but he has to go if he's unwilling to adapt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Even though he's a divil for play acting, hazard has not stopped all game.

Pogba MOTM my hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Herrera has been a clear man of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

United fans have been brilliant, ain’t stopped all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

rekluse wrote: »
    United fans have been brilliant, ain’t stopped all game.

Utd away fans are always class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pogba's been good - and obviously significant for the goals that win the game - but Herrera has been by far United's best player on the pitch. Excellent positioning and defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd say Roman wants out as much as those fans leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Cocommentator goes on about a player that can play Jorginhos position, that can play better, pick a pass and break up play... Fully expecting him the say Kante and he comes out with Fabergas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Chelsea on course to get another awful stuffing from City next Sunday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Another game to show why Hazard will never be in that bracket of top players.

Think Sarri will survive until the weekend and when City win he’ll be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

State of Chelsea.

Yer man won't last tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This has been Ole's best performance as manager. This wasn't a win based on goalkeeper heroics; United were better in every department. Tactics of the management worked a treat and the players worked their socks off.

Think this might be the end of Sarri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Sir Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

you can’t take anything away from united for that display tonight , top notch , but Chelsea tactically it’s very poor , it’s not working so he changes nothing , subs like for like , when a cross does beat the first man there is only one man in the box to try get it , it’s just not working and very very poor to watch , the subs tonight , crazy like what was going to change with them subs, it’s doing the same things over and over and expecting to get a different result

Pogba got MOM but Rashford was for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The BBC commentators have been on the brink of orgasm all half.

• Coulson gets my future match thread starter vote for Utd games

Enjoyable result

Excellent display from Utd

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Utd away fans are always class

Best English teams supporters I’ve ever seen there and up there with Inter for the best overall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The tie of the round in the FA Cup finds the teams that are 6th and 4th in the league facing off in a game that must be decided tonight.

Opta stats.

Great thread.

Would read again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Big win for United after the PSG result. Interesting to see what happens at the weekend. Will it be PSG II or another performance and result like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

United done well but just me or the commetators going way overboard ?
    That Chelsea side are horrid of late ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Pretty much a perfect second half performance. Didn't give Chelsea a sniff for the whole game really.

Chelsea are fairly woeful though, weak defensively and just no variety in attack, just kept doing the same thing that wasn't working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's looking like Woodward and the Glazers are going to have to give Solskjaer the job permanently whether they want to or not.

Sanchez sprinting to close down the Chelsea centre-backs in injury time says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Didnt see the first half...

good defensive performance from utd the second half.... they look difficult to break down and are set up hugely for the counter attack. it's best to not let them score first.

But Chelsea very poor attacking wise. Hazard not a team player at all... should have done more to break them down..Matic prob should have gone on a second yellow.. but even with that i dont think they would have scored

I think PSG found the best way to stifle utd and that is to put a man on Pogba.

United done well but just me or the commetators going way overboard ? That Chelsea side are horrid of late ,

Yeah, Chelsea are a shambles. Can't help but feel that Liverpool will do a job on United at the weekend and it'll be another reality check for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Sarri is so unbelievably one dimensional

Let there be a kinder draw this time and not the Etihad away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have it on good authority that it's United away to Millwall and City at home to Swansea #hotballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Sarri is so unbelievably one dimensional

He said a few weeks ago he only has Plan A. Which is perfect for the other teams, as they know he's not going to change the formation! Even his subs are like for like. There's no Defender off-Attacker on and going for it when they're chasing a game.

Sarri's days at Chelsea are most certainly numbered

• niallo27 wrote: »
    There is something very reassuring about seeing solskjaer with Carrick beside him on the utd bench.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Good win

Much more comfortable than I thought

Good draw for City there.

Let there be a kinder draw this time and not the Etihad away.

Is it televised?

Edit: BBC now

• Advertisement

Great chance for Millwall to get to a semi final. Think they'll take Brighton at the Den.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Another game to show why Hazard will never be in that bracket of top players.

Elaborate on this please? Hazard was great tonight. I felt sorry for him. It's the shíte around him that's the problem, especially tonight.

Higuain did nothing tonight. Just like when he was at Milan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Nalz wrote: »
    Elaborate on this please? Hazard was great tonight. I felt sorry for him. It's the shíte around him that's the problem, especially tonight.

I'd agree. He struggled but it was the players around him that were the issue. I don't think he could've been expected to do much more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Weird thing with Sarri is Chelsea actually started the season very well. Odd how it has all completely unraveled.

If they started crap but were slowly improving then at least you could cling to that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

United were very impressive, tactics spot on. I laughed when he was appointed but Ole is giving the United board a decision to make.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

United done well but just me or the commetators going way overboard ?
    That Chelsea side are horrid of late ,

This is the same when we win, it's often the other sides fault. Credit where credit's due Utd were great last night as they have been for several months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Hazard tried to make stuff happen. No dynamism or good first touches

Advertisement