Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threatening behaviour Adverts.ie

Options
  • 18-02-2019 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I was giving away games and dvds for free on adverts.ie, another user requested them I accepted and arranged a time for collection. He was a no show, next day he messaged again, apologised and i arranged another collection and he was a no show once again. So I left him bad feedback stating the 2 no shows. The next morning I had a private message from him telling me if I didn't remove bad feedback he'd put a brick through my Windows, as he had my address I was nervous and reported him to adverts. I haven't received a reply I also emailed them elsewhere and still no reply. The user that threatened me is still active. How do I get in touch with adverts properly?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭Kidkinobe

Tell them that if a brick does come through your window the cops will know where to find them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

support@adverts.ie

I would be letting the guards know too.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi jenpenjelly,

The best ways to get in contact with them would be via support@adverts.ie . They do also mention reporting, as you have done. Alternatively, you may be able to contact them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/adverts_ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Feck that, get down to your local Garda station and report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jenpenjelly

I've already emailed support as well as reporting on the app. I haven't gotten a reply to either one.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

As other users have suggested, it would be worthwhile reporting the incident to the guards as they put a brick through your window. They will be able to request information from Adverts as well to help with their investigation.

Unfortunately we don't have a direct line to Adverts and would simply be e-mailing on your behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

Another reason why I'd never give my address as a meet up point for buying or selling. Meet up in a public place. Dont give random strangers on the internet your address.

Advertisement