Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hung up after 49 minutes waiting

Options
  • 18-02-2019 3:19pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I now live overseas so I called to cancel my bill contract and go to pay as you go. I waited approx 20 mins to speak to someone who said they need to pass me through to the cancellation department. Then I waited another 30 minutes, only to hang up. Bare in mind i was calling from overseas so god knows how much its going to cost me.

Can someone please call me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Zascar wrote: »
    I now live overseas so I called to cancel my bill contract and go to pay as you go. I waited approx 20 mins to speak to someone who said they need to pass me through to the cancellation department. Then I waited another 30 minutes, only to hang up. Bare in mind i was calling from overseas so god knows how much its going to cost me.

Can someone please call me?
    Hi Zascar, 

Sorry to hear you are unable to get through to our customer care team. 

The process to cancel your account can be found here

Our international customer care team can be contacted by calling [font=arial, sans-serif]+35314307085[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Apologies for the inconvenience caused. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Grainne[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Trust me the easiest way to cancel your bill is to send a copy of your bill as complaint by email to:

ccm@eir.ie

If you do not get a satisfactory response within 10 days send the same email to ComReg at

consumerline@comreg.ie

Calling Eir is a waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

OP, it's well documented you will need to hold a lot longer than that at the moment to get through.
    Try early morning after 8am.

Sticky about this - https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057916504/13

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

I'd suggest you don't bother your ass calling Eir at anytime.

You'll end waiting and getting commitments that may or may not hold.

Email this outfit, when things are important they get written down!
    Keep it short and simple, make sure you are clear about what exactly you want.

Conversations can be discounted by "you weren't clear" or "you misunderstood."

Email gives you a date stamped written request which you can then escalate to ComReg on the very unlikely event that service is not 100%!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks Paddy I emailed them yesterday as you said, I'll let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So I just called the number above as directed, at 8am to be at the top of the queue, and after 30 mins on hold I was told I eventually got through, but need to be transferred to the cancellations team - but they don't open until 9am. Ffs.

He told me he would give me a direct number, but its a 1800 so won't work internationally. There is no other way. What a joke. Eir:Grainne - can you arrange a callback from the cancellations team?

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to simply cancel the payment? I don't want thm to get any more of my money... I checked in AIB and there is no standing order or direct debit - they must just have my debit card but I need that for other stuff...

Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Zascar wrote: »
    So I just called the number above as directed, at 8am to be at the top of the queue, and after 30 mins on hold I was told I eventually got through, but need to be transferred to the cancellations team - but they don't open until 9am. Ffs.

He told me he would give me a direct number, but its a 1800 so won't work internationally. There is no other way. What a joke. Eir:Grainne - can you arrange a callback from the cancellations team?

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to simply cancel the payment? I don't want thm to get any more of my money... I checked in AIB and there is no standing order or direct debit - they must just have my debit card but I need that for other stuff...

Any suggestions?
    Hi Zascar, 

I have responded to your PM. 

Grainne

Advertisement