Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied for new Aer Lingus Card nearly 10 days ago, no proper response

Options
  • 18-02-2019 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So, I heard the advert on radio and applied for the new credit card issued in conjunction with Aer Lingus. It is being heavily advertised. I really liked the offer of travel insurance and free flights, and  the monthly charge, in the round, makes it worth applying for, but perhaps only just.  Anyhow, I completed the application online, got a reference number and even a text saying application received, and nothing since then. I'm not a BOI customer, and I understand they need to do credit checks etc, but surely things could be done quicker or applicants given an update on the application? I would have thought that as this is a kind of premium product, the process would reflect this?  Have to say, not very impressed with the service to date. I have a credit card, I don't pay charges, and it does what it says on the tin, and I'm almost inclined to forgo this application

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

horusd123 wrote: »
    So, I heard the advert on radio and applied for the new credit card issued in conjunction with Aer Lingus. It is being heavily advertised. I really liked the offer of travel insurance and free flights, and  the monthly charge, in the round, makes it worth applying for, but perhaps only just.  Anyhow, I completed the application online, got a reference number and even a text saying application received, and nothing since then. I'm not a BOI customer, and I understand they need to do credit checks etc, but surely things could be done quicker or applicants given an update on the application? I would have thought that as this is a kind of premium product, the process would reflect this?  Have to say, not very impressed with the service to date. I have a credit card, I don't pay charges, and it does what it says on the tin, and I'm almost inclined to forgo this application

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here and very sorry that you haven't received an update on this yet.
    The timeframe for processing applications like this can change depending on the amount of applications are being processed at any one time and the checks that need to take place on a specific application. I understand that this can be frustrating but please be assured that you'll be contacted directly as soon as your application has been fully processed.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement