Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETA to open a current account in Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 18-02-2019 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

What is the ETA to open a current account in Bank of Ireland, if all the required documents are given on the day of applying ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

dublin2019 wrote: »
    Hi,

What is the ETA to open a current account in Bank of Ireland, if all the required documents are given on the day of applying ?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for the message.

Our account opening team would aim to process your application within two working days of receiving all the documentation needed. This time frame can change depending on what checks need to be done on both the application and the documentation needed.
    Please be assured that you'll be contacted directly as soon as your application has been fully processed and the account has been opened.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dublin2019

Hi,

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for the message.

Our account opening team would aim to process your application within two working days of receiving all the documentation needed. This time frame can change depending on what checks need to be done on both the application and the documentation needed to open one.
    Please be assured that you'll be contacted directly as soon as your application has been fully processed.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,

Thanks for the response. 

I gave all the documents and submitted my application in Dublin Terminal 1 Branch on 7th Feb. Still no news.
    I called customer support last week and they said some details was required and I need to visit the branch again. Until I asked, nothing was communicated to me. 

When i visited the branch, I was assured everything is in order and they are not sure why customer support told details are required and they informed, they have escalated the issue. I am still awaiting response and I believe until i call I am not going to get an answer !
    I am afraid, if its going to be delayed further I might miss the timeline for payroll processing this month !

I understand the time can vary from person to person, but I would expect bank to either call or mail when any detail is required.. and not wait for the customer to call and then provide the details !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for the message.

Our account opening team would aim to process your application within two working days of receiving all the documentation needed. This time frame can change depending on what checks need to be done on both the application and the documentation needed to open one.
    Please be assured that you'll be contacted directly as soon as your application has been fully processed.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,

Thanks for the response. 

I gave all the documents and submitted my application in Dublin Terminal 1 Branch on 7th Feb. Still no news.
    I called customer support last week and they said some details was required and I need to visit the branch again. Until I asked, nothing was communicated to me. 

When i visited the branch, I was assured everything is in order and they are not sure why customer support told details are required and they informed, they have escalated the issue. I am still awaiting response and I believe until i call I am not going to get an answer !
    I am afraid, if its going to be delayed further I might miss the timeline for payroll processing this month !

I understand the time can vary from person to person, but I would expect bank to either call or mail when any detail is required.. and not wait for the customer to call and then provide the details !

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry that you're unhappy with this process. Please be assured that you'll be contacted once your application has been fully processed. If you would like an up date on this in the meantime you can call our account opening section directly on 0035314044034 and the advisers there will be more than happy to have a look into this for you.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dublin2019

Thanks for the response Darren.

I will call the number and see if they can help me.

Regards
    D

Advertisement