Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever been robbed by a close friend/family member?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭noubliezjamais

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Why do you ask?

Just wondering cause I'm a bit lost when it comes to the law. I know a classmate of mine who had his phone nicked and the gardai say that this as happened a few times and the person has always got a sentence.

However, other lads I talk to who engage in theft/fraud/etc...say that being convicted for theft and sent to prison/getting a record is very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Just wondering cause I'm a bit lost when it comes to the law. I know a classmate of mine who had his phone nicked and the gardai say that this as happened a few times and the person has always got a sentence.

However, other lads I talk to who engage in theft/fraud/etc...say that being convicted for theft and sent to prison/getting a record is very hard.

I didn't pursue it because I was misguidedly concerned for his well being. A conviction would have had an effect on his career and I wasn't about to jeopardise that.

To be honest, the possibility crossed my mind and I became angry at myself for thinking about it- it was my ex husband who vocalized it and they had known eachother since childhood. He didn't call him out on it though- story of our relationship, my interests were always lower priority than everyone (or anyone) elses.

Hope that, wherever they are, they're still shafting eachother :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

valoren wrote: »
    10 years ago my younger brother was doing a plumbing apprenticeship under our cousins husband.
    With the economic contraction, he was let go and needed to sign for the dole. He wouldn't be able to get it for three weeks and since we were close I said I'd give him 3 weeks dole to tide him over. Gave him €600 and agreed that he'd pay me €20 a week when he got his dole.

Dole is back paid from the date applied. When I went on it, my application took four weeks to process but I got a lump sum of about €800. He totally shafted you.

Advertisement