Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass replacement.

Options
  • 18-02-2019 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking into the possibility of buying a derelict apartment and refurbishing it. One of the big potential costs I can see is that all the windows including the glass in the back double doors have been smashed. The frames are still intact. Can any one give me any advice on how much it would cost roughly compared to a whole new window?

So it would be a double back door glass replacement and then four other windows replaced. I have no idea of the sizes but the windows are all roughly 48 inches wide. I know this is rough but any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

justshane wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking into the possibility of buying a derelict apartment and refurbishing it. One of the big potential costs I can see is that all the windows including the glass in the back double doors have been smashed. The frames are still intact. Can any one give me any advice on how much it would cost roughly compared to a whole new window?

So it would be a double back door glass replacement and then four other windows replaced. I have no idea of the sizes but the windows are all roughly 48 inches wide. I know this is rough but any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    S.
    Rough question rough answer....
    I replaced a triple glazed, A-rated, toughened glazing unit last week, the unit cost me 90 euro and i put it in myself. The size was 500 X 1500 - so about .75sqm - so thats about 120 euro per square metre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Thanks.

Advertisement