Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gates and Bollard lighting

Options
  • 18-02-2019 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

getting electric gates shortly, will have a keypad for entry, also GSM relay to allow me to open gates remotely.

Will have 8-10 bollards around the drive, but think I would like these linked to the gates in some way, IE when you open the gates if dusk or Dark ( controller by senor) that if it dusk or dark that the bollards would come on for 3-4 minutes when gates are opened or closed

What are my options here for this, will also want the on a hard switch in the house.

what would you recommend

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

You could simply have a motion detector or two activating the bollards. They can be adjusted so that the lights only come on when it is sufficiently dark. In addition can be set just to have the lights on for whatever duration required. Adding an override switch to this would be straightforward enough too. Keeping it simple is best in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Most control panels have an auxiliary contact for hazard warning lights. You can use this to control a relay/contractor to bring on your lights.just include 2 wires and earth back to your inside switch when wiring.i wouldn’t worry about them operating during the day as it’s a good indication from a distance that the gates are beginning/during their cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

You can have them on a gsm switch also or wifi switch if you have a good signal

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get bollards that Philips hue lamps will fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

Get bollards that Philips hue lamps will fit.

Hi, I was thing that also but not many bollards take normal size bulbs?

• Advertisement

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

tech wrote: »
    Hi, I was thing that also but not many bollards take normal size bulbs?

Yes you can get many es type fittings.

You can now also get hue outdoor sensors and you can also have the lights to be on dim and then obviously brighten with the sensor etc.

anyone else have a solution here for this, also looking for same.

Advertisement