Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Named driver experience - taking a break in cover

Options
  • 19-02-2019 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

If a full policy holder is allowed a break of up to 2 years before losing NCD, how much of a break is a named driver allowed? Axa specifically...

Around 4 years ago, because of money, I put the car off the road and didn't renew the policy for 4 months. My wife had been a named driver for around 6 years at that stage. Fast forward to this month and she's trying to get her own policy, so the named driver experience discount is quite helpful - except after a bit of back & forth and contradictory info, it turns out she's not entitled to the full discount due to the 4 month break in cover. She's been told 2 months is allowed only. I can't find this in print and I wonder is there any point challenging them on this?

Advertisement