Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooked chicken left out over night

Options
  • 19-02-2019 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

I cooked a couple of chicken breasts last night, left them on a plate covered in tinfoil but left them out in the kitchen overnight. They went into the fridge at about 6 this morning.

Whats your thoughts on eating these - I am assuming they are ok but I have my mothers voice in the back of my head shouting I'll die and grow a third eye if I get them
    Whats you thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

The mods will be here soon and say that food safety advice is not allowed in this form :)
    Having said that, my mother would still eat them while I would bin them immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'd regularly do the same. No issue whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

They’d be absolutely fine, in fact I wouldn’t have even put them in the fridge because it tends to harden them a bit much. Slice them up, bit of brown bread, lettuce, mayo and tomato in a sandwich for lunch. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I leave them out to cool often.

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭Kidkinobe

Any snow flakes in here say they were going to call the SPCA over cruelty to leaving chicken out over night?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: OP, you're asking for advice on something that could potentially cause you to get very sick, from people who can't see or smell the chicken, nor do we know what ambient temperature your kitchen is at, or a multitude of other factors that may influence the safety of the food.

As per our charter, the only food safety advice that we allow on this forum is "If in doubt, chuck it out".

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement