Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't make a purchase online-keeps triggering fraud detection text/email

Options
  • 19-02-2019 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

So last week I tried to make a purchase online (GameStop.ie) and it said there was an issue with charging my card and so I looked at my emails/texts and saw the fraud protection messages and I had to reply "Yes" to both of those. The transaction didn't go through and the money didn't leave my account, which is fine.

Fast forward to today where I tried to make the same purchase and the fraud text/email were sent to me again which I didn't want because it stopped me from making my purchase again.

What can I do to stop these emails and texts from being sent to me in future?

Thanks,

Aaron.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

So last week I tried to make a purchase online (GameStop.ie) and it said there was an issue with charging my card and so I looked at my emails/texts and saw the fraud protection messages and I had to reply "Yes" to both of those. The transaction didn't go through and the money didn't leave my account, which is fine.

Fast forward to today where I tried to make the same purchase and the fraud text/email were sent to me again which I didn't want because it stopped me from making my purchase again.

Thanks,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.
    Once you reply to the fraud text or email that you received in relation to these transactions you should then be able to make the payment within a few minutes.
    Can I ask if you replied to either of the messages and then attempted the transaction?
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 aaronmcc1231

Hi,

Thanks,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

Once you reply to the fraud text or email that you received in relation to these transactions you should then be able to make the payment within a few minutes.
    Can I ask if you replied to either of the messages and then attempted the transaction?
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,

I've replied yes to both text and email and since tried the transaction on their website but I got the same response. "There was an issue charging your card. Please try again."
    I think this is because the money is in a transaction in progress from my previous attempt?

Regards,

Aaron.

Hi,

Thanks,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,

I've replied yes to both text and email and since tried the transaction on their website but I got the same response. "There was an issue charging your card. Please try again."
    I think this is because the money is in a transaction in progress from my previous attempt?

Regards,

Aaron.

Thanks for getting back to me Aaron, and did receive another message from us when you attempted this transaction?
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 aaronmcc1231

Hi,

Thanks,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,

Regards,

Aaron.

Thanks for getting back to me Aaron, and did receive another message from us when you attempted this transaction?
    Darren.
    No, I didn't, the website just won't accept the transaction. It didn't trigger another fraud email or text.

Hi,

Thanks,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,

Regards,

Aaron.

Darren.
    No, I didn't, the website just won't accept the transaction. It didn't trigger another fraud email or text.

In this case I'd ask you to either call our card security team on 1800946764 or email the same team on fpucardsecurity@boi.com and the advisers there will be more than happy to have a look into this for you.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement