Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siro - donegal town

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good to hear.

There was a guy on Highland Radio the other day but I missed most of the piece but apparently super duper fibre BB is on its way to something like 7 - 9 towns in the county - obviously those with the largest populations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Coming Soon

Donegal
    Ballybofey
    Ballyshannon
    Bundoran
    Donegal Town
    Stranorlar

off the siro site,

now to just get eir to run a few more hundred metres of fibre so i could get it at home

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There were lads doing various scoping around the town last Summer for fibre rollout.

The Siro cabinet is just recently built out beside the fire station, possibly because I vaguely remember something about fibre laid around the bypass when it was done (but open to correction on that).

I'd be most certainly happy if I were to be able to avail of it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

byte wrote: »
    There were lads doing various scoping around the town last Summer for fibre rollout.

The Siro cabinet is just recently built out beside the fire station, possibly because I vaguely remember something about fibre laid around the bypass when it was done (but open to correction on that).

I'd be most certainly happy if I were to be able to avail of it! :)

siro not coming anywhere near my house unfortunately but we will look to see if they have a buisness package for work.

asked for fibre from eir a couple of years ago, they wanted 10k to run fibre leased line (10mb).(post office to magees shop) + the costs after that.

talked to Enet about hooking in to the Metropolitan area network fibre and they wouldnt tell me which providers were hooked into it. i know the banks and abbotts use it so m suspecting leased line costs. so as useful as a chocolate teapot.

so hopefully siro will give them both a long overdue kick up the ar*e

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I had driven around the Diamond this morning and noticed some works ongoing at various points with a few KN vans and others. I'm assuming this is the Siro works that were mentioned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement