Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB black mark removal question

• 19-02-2019 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi all I have a ICB report going back 8 years and it has a credit card being revoked on there with a 'scheduled removal date' of 2016. It wasnt bad and was paid off.
    Does this mean it will be wiped from my record by now?
    I am afraid to declare it to any financial institutions and if it's gone then why would I need to.
    Tried phoning the ICB but they have no way to speak to a human without buying their credit report.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Tried phoning the ICB but they have no way to speak to a human without buying their credit report.

ICB credit reports are free

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭SwordofLight

Wow I didn't know that I wonder how long they take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Wow I didn't know that I wonder how long they take?

Read their website it answers all of your questions :)

Processing time for Application forms

Processing time begins from the time ICB receives your application form. Please allow up to 5 working days to process.

Your credit report will be sent to you by post – postage time is not included in the processing time above.

Although ICB endeavours to adhere to the processing times mentioned above, please note that under Data Protection legislation, ICB are allowed up to one month to process an application.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

But to answer your question, if the removal date was 2016, it's gone by now. Will have just been deleted, the bank won't know anything about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

you need to apply for a credit report on www.icb.ie & the cost is €6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

Trish56 wrote: »
    you need to apply for a credit report on www.icb.ie & the cost is €6.

They are now free due to the introduction of GDPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

My God that is the worst website I have ever experienced. Not sure if it's since GDPR and they were afraid they would get bombarded with requests, but they really, really go out of their way to prevent you from using it.

For some incredible reason, they restrict address sizes so most addresses won't fit in (3 out of my last 4 addresses could not be entered!). Then when I do enter shortened versions of my addresses and submit, it says my session expired (why I even had a session is beyond me). When I retry everything, it then just returns an unknown error, suggesting that if I am using IE (who dafuk uses IE???), I should try compatibility mode.

There really should be laws against websites like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

They are free from here too, gives a good bit more information - https://www.myrequest.centralcreditregister.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I've just used it and applied online for a credit report and had no problems however my address did fit in no problem.

Advertisement