Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre upgrade

• 19-02-2019 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Fibre is available in my area. Vodafone and Eir reps are in the area selling the service for the past 7 days. Vodafone have already connected customers. I'm an existing Eir customer connected to a rubbish non fibre broadband service. A rep called last week. When he heard I was an existing customer he left and said he'd come back tomorrow. I never saw him again. I stopped a rep on the road today and he said they don't handle existing customers, to contact the help line through chat or 1901. I contacted the on line chat but I couldn't get any coherent answer. The rep actaully told me that fibre wasn't available, even though my neighbour is connected.
    Is there actually anybody out in Eir who can help me?
    There's no point in castigating their customer service, but its easily the most dysfunctional company I have ever encountered. If I could cancel, I absolutely would.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Ormondman wrote: »
    Fibre is available in my area. Vodafone and Eir reps are in the area selling the service for the past 7 days. Vodafone have already connected customers. I'm an existing Eir customer connected to a rubbish non fibre broadband service. A rep called last week. When he heard I was an existing customer he left and said he'd come back tomorrow. I never saw him again. I stopped a rep on the road today and he said they don't handle existing customers, to contact the help line through chat or 1901. I contacted the on line chat but I couldn't get any coherent answer. The rep actaully told me that fibre wasn't available, even though my neighbour is connected.
    Is there actually anybody out in Eir who can help me?
    There's no point in castigating their customer service, but its easily the most dysfunctional company I have ever encountered. If I could cancel, I absolutely would.
    Hi Ormondman

You can check if fibre is available to your address by clicking here and entering your eircode.

Many thanks

~Linzi 

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ormondman

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi Ormondman

You can check if fibre is available to your address by clicking here and entering your eircode.

Many thanks

~Linzi 

Thanks Linzi,
    It is available according to the map. I contacted Eir via webchat, the representative confirmed it was available, took my details for an updated contract- and then told me it actually wasn't available and to ring 1901. I tried the call back option last week and received no call back. I've asked the reps and they said to contact customer care.
    The rollout map confirms availability, which I knew anyway. I've already wasted hours and hours. Is there any way to progress this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Ormondman wrote: »
    eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi Ormondman

Many thanks

~Linzi 

Thanks Linzi,
    It is available according to the map. I contacted Eir via webchat, the representative confirmed it was available, took my details for an updated contract- and then told me it actually wasn't available and to ring 1901. I tried the call back option last week and received no call back. I've asked the reps and they said to contact customer care.
    The rollout map confirms availability, which I knew anyway. I've already wasted hours and hours. Is there any way to progress this?
    Hi Ormondman

Can you pm me the following details and I will look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB
    5) 1st line of address

Many thanks

~Linzi

Advertisement