Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre upgrade

• 19-02-2019 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Fibre is recently available in my area. Some of my neighbours are connected through Vodafone and Eir reps are in the area. I'm an existing eir customer connected to a rubbish, legacy broadband service and desperately want to upgrade. How do I do it?
    I stopped a rep on the road today and he said that they don't look after existing customers and to contact the help line. I went on online chat and go incoherent nonsense, culminating in "Fibre is not yet available in your area".
    The only thing I can think is that Eir doesn't give a fiddlers about their existing customers. I'm very tempted to wait until my contract expires and switch to sky or Vodafone but that's not for another 9 months.
    Does anybody have any suggestions how I can progress? I work from home and desperately need better broadband.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Check your eircode at
    https://www.eir.ie/broadband/1000mb-fibre/

Then call sales if its available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Ormondman wrote: »
    Fibre is recently available in my area. Some of my neighbours are connected through Vodafone and Eir reps are in the area. I'm an existing eir customer connected to a rubbish, legacy broadband service and desperately want to upgrade. How do I do it?
    I stopped a rep on the road today and he said that they don't look after existing customers and to contact the help line. I went on online chat and go incoherent nonsense, culminating in "Fibre is not yet available in your area".
    The only thing I can think is that Eir doesn't give a fiddlers about their existing customers. I'm very tempted to wait until my contract expires and switch to sky or Vodafone but that's not for another 9 months.
    Does anybody have any suggestions how I can progress? I work from home and desperately need better broadband.
    Hi Ormondman

Could you pm me the following details and I will look into this for you. 

Registered Name:
    Registered Address:
    Account Number:
    DOB:
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

~Linzi 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Be careful now.. Is it FTTH or FTTC?

Advertisement