Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish guy sent switch for repair but Nintendo say they only got charger

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

No weight on the receipt is strange, that is usually standard

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

jester77 wrote: »
    No weight on the receipt is strange, that is usually standard

I think it's just the pre-paid receipt that doesn't include weight, I've had to return a couple of things recently using a pre-paid barcode that an post just scan, none of those receipts have the weight listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

If it's true it's terrible; poor fecker.

I'm inclined to believe him/her...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

I sent my right JoyCon in a few weeks ago and they weighed it.

Sync lights werent working and it wouldn't connect in horizontal mode.
    The feckers didn't send back the little plastic baggy with the serial number on it.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I sent my right JoyCon in a few weeks ago and they weighed it.

Sync lights werent working and it wouldn't connect in horizontal mode.
    The feckers didn't send back the little plastic baggy with the serial number on it.:pac:

The joycons are the switch's Achilles heels :):(
    Nintendo used to be so good with controllers.
    Expect the next switch to fix this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Based in this I actually got anpost to record the weight today when sending my broken joycons back.
    They just made a separate form and stamped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I remember when I sent my sons Switch in, I got the Switch and joycons back in separate packaging, and deliveries, so there is some splitting going on with the repair centre

AFAIK they contract the different pieces out to different companies to fix.

My joy-cons are always (twice) fixed by repairtech, the console might be fixed by Nintendo themselves or someone else for super stream-lining.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Yeah the return label for my joycons was repair tech

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I had to post my joycon to Nintendo and pay because the analog wasn’t working properly.

This reminds me of the 360 red ring. Nintendo ****ed up and should be paying postage and repair costs for faulty hardware.

Damaged their rep in my eyes anyway.

• Advertisement

I had to post my joycon to Nintendo and pay because the analog wasn’t working properly.

This reminds me of the 360 red ring. Nintendo ****ed up and should be paying postage and repair costs for faulty hardware.

Damaged their rep in my eyes anyway.
    They mail you an an post label and you send it in with a copy of your receipt for the console and if it's not something caused by you dropping it in water or something they shouldn't charge you.

Advertisement