Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing loan account early

Options
  • 19-02-2019 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for instructions on how to go about closing a variable rate personal loan account early.

I was told by staff within my local branch to pay off the remaining balance and the account would close automatically. I had then done this however the next standing order payment went in putting the loan account into the positive followed by the quarterly interest a week later.

I've now paid off the balance again so what would the proper method of closing the account involve?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

Looking for instructions on how to go about closing a variable rate personal loan account early.

I was told by staff within my local branch to pay off the remaining balance and the account would close automatically. I had then done this however the next standing order payment went in putting the loan account into the positive followed by the quarterly interest a week later.

I've now paid off the balance again so what would the proper method of closing the account involve?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    Once the interest that you have mentioned has been paid the account should now be in closed and the over payment will be returned to your current account in the next few days. If you raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile the advisers there will be more than happy to check your account and confirm that this is happening and give you a more specific time frame on when your funds will be returned to your current account.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement