Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish winner in Euromillions 175 million..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Just in , Winner from Galway but living in Waterford, bought ticket while holidaying in Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Bought in Daybreak, The Naul Co Dublin
    Winners from Duleek

I know someone in Duleek! :)

They're from Naul. They're openly telling people this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

chris_ie wrote: »
    If you played online and won the jackpot, do they still announce where the winner came from?
    I was wondering how that works too. This time last year, I won about €2000 on the Lotto website, but didn't realise it until I got a claim form in the post. (I probably got the usual e-mail "News from your Lotto account" but assumed I'd won €3).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You could build a wall around your house so high nobody would ever bother you, arrive and leave by chopper.

Or you could have the first fee people that enquire about you "dissappeared" as an example to the others.

I'd like to be a feared multi millionaire. That way you could occasionally laugh maniacally in the media to let every know you have the power and money to keep am eye on them.

I'm hearing the winner is from Drumcondra. Former public servant, has asked for the whole amount in cash, sterling and dollar denominations, as he has no bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I'm hearing the winner is from Drumcondra. Former public servant, has asked for the whole amount in cash, sterling and dollar denominations, as he has no bank account.

Poor lad, sounds like he could do with the money. Well done to him and, I'm guessing, his hard to do family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Lotto wins. Winning five figure sums on the horses.

Seems to be a bit of a lucky chap.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

In this day in age ot still takes a week to get all the various EU lottery companies to send the money to Ireland so that it can be paid to the winner - joke.

If the above is true (wanting it in cash) yikes - that brings a whole host of other security issues.

One of them is in work at the minute walking around with his head in his hands. His bro did the night shift last night!!! Seriously couldn't have happened to a nicer family, they've had a tough few years. Delighted for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It'a actually a good thing that the winner/s have to wait about 10 working days before they see the loot in their accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Hoboo wrote: »
    One of them is in work at the minute walking around with his head in his hands. His bro did the night shift last night!!! Seriously couldn't have happened to a nicer family, they've had a tough few years. Delighted for them.

You trying to get a piece of the pie? ;)

chris_ie wrote: »
    You trying to get a piece of the pie? ;)

I've enough pie to keep me going.........but Ill be in the local later thats for sure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I'm A -herin the same rumour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I heard he goes to race meetings and likes a bet on the horses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

Is playing the lotto online still considered as gambling by banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It'a actually a good thing that the winner/s have to wait about 10 working days before they see the loot in their accounts.

Doesn't make much of a difference tbh. Anything they want now they could get on credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Someone off the phone with a family member, Duleek Syndicate 19m each.

Also this:
    https://m.facebook.com/DuleekDistrictNews/posts/2160229914057579

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

techdiver wrote: »

'tis my money, they can keep their noses out of it! Some would class keeping your money in the bank as gambling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

techdiver wrote: »

Well how is playing the Lotto not gambling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Should they do away with all millionaire lotterys? ?? It only gives the desperate (like me) false hope

*im sure it contributes to gambling addiction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

frosty123 wrote: »
    Should they do away with all millionaire lotterys? ?? It only gives the desperate (like me) false hope

*im sure it contributes to gambling addiction

You can pay €10 into the cinema and be entertained for a few hours. You can do a line of the Euromillions €2.5 and daydream all week about what your gonna do with it. Values in doing the lotto for entertainment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Feck's sake.
    I was born in Tullamore. .

One of the few times I have seen someone admit to that.
    Family syndicate of 7 brothers and sisters from Duleek area, co meath.

Mucksavages ehh.
    It's the Rogers and Whearty families from naul/bellewstown to be precise. Nice family. One of the lads wives divorced him last year. I'd say she's sick.

Oh the shame, not even proper Irish with foreign sounding names like those.

I hear he is hiding in the cupboard till it blows over. ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

RTE news just said north county Dublin ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Simple_Simone

I'd like to be a feared multi millionaire. That way you could occasionally laugh maniacally in the media to let every know you have the power and money to keep an eye on them.

But how would you feel about having to re-locate to Malta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Id be pissed if I was the person in front of whoever bought the ticket but let them skip a head cause you had to go back and get something ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Id be pissed if I was the person in front of whoever bought the ticket but let them skip a head cause you had to go back and get something ha

I'd be drunk too :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

But how would you feel about having to re-locate to Malta?

I'd enjoy the climate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

That councillor on the Darcy programme isn't helping em keep anonymous

Your first 4+2 match took 8638 years!! Awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Benny Biscotti

God help anyone who buys a new car in Duleek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Someone off the phone with a family member, Duleek Syndicate 19m each.

Also this:
    https://m.facebook.com/DuleekDistrictNews/posts/2160229914057579

Not a chance of staying anonymous in a small town and posts on FB like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If won 175 million I wouldn't burden any family or friends with cash gifts.

It could only cause them hassle with tax.

Instead I'd treat everybody to a nice lamb lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Still wouldn't be enough to build even a single ward in the new Children's Hospital...

ongarboy wrote: »
    Still wouldn't be enough to build even a single ward in the new Children's Hospital...
    Was just thinking so this morning.

Most of us have been trying to grapple with what an enormous amount of money it would be - yet shrug our shoulders at an overspend on the National Children's Hospital, which is multiples of that amount.

You'd have to win this Euromillions jackpot three times over to pay for the overspend on the hospital, and it probably won't stop at that.

If won 175 million I wouldn't burden any family or friends with cash gifts.

It could only cause them hassle with tax.

Instead I'd treat everybody to a nice lamb lunch.

As far as I know, so long as you write down names on the back of the ticket you can decide how to distribute the money - tax free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

You have to laugh though, apparently, the family syndicate are all retired and say they don't want the win to change their lives! Why do the feckin thing then? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Are any of the sisters single?

How long do I have to rub their feet to get half?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Del.Monte wrote: »
    You have to laugh though, apparently, the family syndicate are all retired and say they don't want the win to change their lives! Why do the feckin thing then? :confused:

Damn I might try begging some money off them, they wouldn't miss a few hundred grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

How many people did the lotto tonight after the win last night ? When it's a big amount I'll do it myself online and do both euromillions and lotto for the Tuesday and Wednesday of that week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is the euromillions draw broadcast on live on TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is there a way to block threads showing up on the front page..

Good luck to the winners but I just don't want to know

fryup wrote: »
    is the euromillions draw broadcast on live on TV?

Good question. I don't know if it is. If it is I've never seen it on tv.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Is there a way to block threads showing up on the front page..

Good luck to the winners but I just don't want to know

If people stop posting in this thread it won't be the latest post on the home page. I don't think there is a way to block seeing threads but I'm sure a mod could tell you for definite.

Lotto draw numbers for tonight's draw are

1,9,10, 16,19,30 and bonus number is 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

That bugs me too.

If I win the lottery and someone asks me an inane question like “will it change your life” I’ll look at them scornfully for a full 3 seconds and then say that: “Of course it will, you plonker. It’s 20 odd million. Do you think I’m taking the dart to connnolly tomorrow. You quarterwit”.

(Except I wouldn’t tell anybody. Haha.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lotto draw numbers for tonight's draw are

1,9,10, 16,19,30 and bonus number is 12.

Where were you 5 hours ago?

Was just thinking so this morning.

Most of us have been trying to grapple with what an enormous amount of money it would be - yet shrug our shoulders at an overspend on the National Children's Hospital, which is multiples of that amount.

You'd have to win this Euromillions jackpot three times over to pay for the overspend on the hospital, and it probably won't stop at that.

its almost as if individual people dont build hospitals for exactly this reason

How can winning that much combined not change a families life ? They might hope it doesn't but it will have to.

Where were you 5 hours ago?

Well I'm not Marty Mcfly so if I knew the numbers before hand no disrespect but I wouldn't tell ye on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Its not broadcast live, but recorded live in Paris

Advertisement