Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Broadband for over a week

• 19-02-2019 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi there,

I wont go into the detail of the terribe service I have endured since last Sunday week, but similar to other threads, I have encounted hours of calls with 3 tech support people, 2 engineer visits (one never bothered to call ahead and just left when nobody there), dropped calls, a lot of time wasted on chat which drops and takes 10mins just to find out who you are, time taken off work, to find myself still without Broadband.  Appartently a modem is on the way, but I was told last week it would be delivered today and no sign but based on previous tech support and engineer visit, I would not bet on this being resolved any time soon.  I attempted to call tonight but the automated call initially said my issue was resolved and then I jumped off call after 30 mins of waiting.

The question I have for Reps/Boardsies is am I entitled to opt of out my contract (there is only a few months left) on the basis that EIR are no longer interested in providing Broadband.   At a minimum, I can assume that EIR will not bill for the dropped services which will in no way compensate for the time and effort taken to date. 

I am lucky that I do have alternative options for BB so will be moving either way when contract up along with mobile phone plan and any possibility of moving my wife and 2 children.

From reading the Times, seems like my experience is not isolated and EIR do not value their customers, certainly not me.  I am tempted to cancel my DD and let EIR do the chasing but Im not like that.

Reps, can you help a very frustrated soon to be former customer?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

d1980 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I wont go into the detail of the terribe service I have endured since last Sunday week, but similar to other threads, I have encounted hours of calls with 3 tech support people, 2 engineer visits (one never bothered to call ahead and just left when nobody there), dropped calls, a lot of time wasted on chat which drops and takes 10mins just to find out who you are, time taken off work, to find myself still without Broadband.  Appartently a modem is on the way, but I was told last week it would be delivered today and no sign but based on previous tech support and engineer visit, I would not bet on this being resolved any time soon.  I attempted to call tonight but the automated call initially said my issue was resolved and then I jumped off call after 30 mins of waiting.

The question I have for Reps/Boardsies is am I entitled to opt of out my contract (there is only a few months left) on the basis that EIR are no longer interested in providing Broadband.   At a minimum, I can assume that EIR will not bill for the dropped services which will in no way compensate for the time and effort taken to date. 

I am lucky that I do have alternative options for BB so will be moving either way when contract up along with mobile phone plan and any possibility of moving my wife and 2 children.

From reading the Times, seems like my experience is not isolated and EIR do not value their customers, certainly not me.  I am tempted to cancel my DD and let EIR do the chasing but Im not like that.

Reps, can you help a very frustrated soon to be former customer?

Thanks
    Hi d1980

Can you pm me the following details and I will look into this for you?

Registered Name:
    Registered Address:
    Account Number:
    DOB:
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭d1980

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi d1980

Registered Name:
    Registered Address:
    Account Number:
    DOB:

Many thanks

~Linzi

Pm
    Sent thanks

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi d1980

Registered Name:
    Registered Address:
    Account Number:
    DOB:

Many thanks

~Linzi

Pm
    Sent thanks
    Hi All,

Despite calling 3 times to log this fault since last Sunday week, I have been told to call again or start a chat to log this.   

Linzi,

Please contact your tech support team to tell you what is wrong, if this is not resolved by Friday, I will be cancelling by direct debit and you can have someone call me to try money for a service you are not offering.

I would have hope by providing my details that you would have at least looked to see what was wrong. 

Despite taking the morning off work last Friday, I had an engineer tell me that the wifi will come back in 4/5 hours only to be told by tech support it was the modem that night and one would be posted out.  Magically over the weekend, the issue is fixed at Eir but not in my house.

Please get your act together on this

D1980

Hi All,

Despite calling 3 times to log this fault since last Sunday week, I have been told to call again or start a chat to log this.   

Linzi,

Please contact your tech support team to tell you what is wrong, if this is not resolved by Friday, I will be cancelling by direct debit and you can have someone call me to try money for a service you are not offering.

I would have hope by providing my details that you would have at least looked to see what was wrong. 

Despite taking the morning off work last Friday, I had an engineer tell me that the wifi will come back in 4/5 hours only to be told by tech support it was the modem that night and one would be posted out.  Magically over the weekend, the issue is fixed at Eir but not in my house.

D1980

Hi Linzi

To save you doing some work, I spent an hour on the phone again to get the modem that was promised. For no given reason, it was never dispatched. Apparently, it has now been dispatched and due to be delivered on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi All,

Linzi,

D1980

Hi Linzi

To save you doing some work, I spent an hour on the phone again to get the modem that was promised.  For no given reason, it was never dispatched.  Apparently, it has now been dispatched and due to be delivered on Friday.
    Hi d1980

I did look into this for you.  I have sent you a pm.

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Advertisement
Advertisement