Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to a copy of conveyancing docs

Options
  • 20-02-2019 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Recently completed conveyancing. I would like a copy of the documents that were involved- for my own records. In particular a copy of the signed ocntract for sale, and the receipt of Stamp duty paid to revenue.

Is this something I am entitled to ask for? Is there any reason the solicitor would look to charge extra just to send these docs to me, or not send them at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

Joe Schmo wrote: »
    Recently completed conveyancing. I would like a copy of the documents that were involved- for my own records. In particular a copy of the signed ocntract for sale, and the receipt of Stamp duty paid to revenue.

Is this something I am entitled to ask for? Is there any reason the solicitor would look to charge extra just to send these docs to me, or not send them at all?

You are absolutely entitled and if you are mortgage free you are entitled to receive all the original documents.
    With respect to the fee ask the solicitor to justify it in written form. Send him a recorded letter requesting the documents and to justify any fee to deliver them to you.
    This is a bad habit that some Irish conveyancing solicitors have to force a buyer to pay extra fees and implicitly force them to a future sale conveyancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭1641

We got a copy of everything automatically - we didn't have to ask. There was an overall charge for photocopying in the bill which I assume included these docs. I can't remember the amount but it wasn't unreasonable.

Advertisement