Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS Warranty Question

Options
  • 20-02-2019 10:04am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a pokeball DS for my kid in November 2017, a few months later it developed an issue where its like someone is constantly pressing the touch screen, the bottom screen. He only told me about it a couple of months back. He has barely used it to be honest, even before this issue so its not for use, he is good at looking after his stuff anyways but this fault just developed on its own.

I bought it off the Nintendo Shop online. I logged it with them and they sent me labels to return it etc. But in the letter for returning it says that if its within the 1 year warranty put proof of purchase in when posting it back.

My understanding was i had a 2 year warranty with electronics no? Anyone know if thats the case because it would still be in warranty until November this year. Just want to get that straight before i send it back to them.

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

1yr warranty with manufacturer. 2 year with vendor. Take it back to the shop and make a good case for how this issue is due to a manufacturing defect and not the way it was treated. (well, at least have your explanation ready)
    The Nintendo online shop is operated by The Hut I think, so I don't think you get special privileges with Ninty support. But no harm trying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

But the shop in this case is nintendo isnt it? so what can i say to them regards the two year warranty? or does it not apply because i bought it online? its a bit confusing haha

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

But the shop in this case is nintendo isnt it? so what can i say to them regards the two year warranty? or does it not apply because i bought it online? its a bit confusing haha

If they argue back on it, refer them to european law:
    Free of charge, 2-year guarantee for all goods
    You always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you bought your goods online, in a shop or by mail order.

This 2-year guarantee is your minimum right, however national rules in your country may give you extra protection.

If goods you bought anywhere in the EU turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised, the seller must repair or replace them free of charge or give you a price reduction or a full refund.

You can usually only ask for a partial or full refund when it is not possible to repair or replace the goods.
    Source: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm#shortcut-1-guarantees-for-faulty-goods

Preferably before March 29th... :pac:

Advertisement