Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill imminent but no broadband yet

Options
  • 20-02-2019 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

I have just signed up for fibre broadband. An engineer has done a site survey and 2 poles are required to complete the installation. I am due to get a bill for broadband on the 26th which is unlikely to be live by that time.

Please advise

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

john886 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have just signed up for fibre broadband. An engineer has done a site survey and 2 poles are required to complete the installation. I am due to get a bill for broadband on the 26th which is unlikely to be live by that time.

Please advise

John
    Hi John886

You will only be billed for services that you are receiving.  You will not get a bill for the fibre until that service goes active. 

Many thanks

~ Linzi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 john886

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi,

Please advise

John
    Hi John886

You will only be billed for services that you are receiving.  You will not get a bill for the fibre until that service goes active. 

Many thanks

~ Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thanks for your reply. I was just going off the Eir online account which advised the date of the 26th of February.

Thanks
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi,

Please advise

John
    Hi John886

Many thanks

~ Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thanks for your reply. I was just going off the Eir online account which advised the date of the 26th of February.

Thanks
    John
    Hi John 

I presume your bill will be for other products and services that you have with eir?

Many thanks

Linzi

Hi,

Please advise

John
    Hi John886

Many thanks

~ Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thanks
    John
    Hi John 

I presume your bill will be for other products and services that you have with eir?

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

I don't have any other products and services with eir apart from the fibre broadband which I signed up for on the 7th February.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Post back on the 26th and let us know how much if anything the bill is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It gives you the next billing date assuming you will get service within a few days
    Your first invoice will just roll round to the next date at this stage assuming you do get connected.
    No invoices are generated on pending active accounts

fritzelly wrote: »
    It gives you the next billing date assuming you will get service within a few days
    Your first invoice will just roll round to the next date at this stage assuming you do get connected.
    I got a call from eir yesterday saying that ducting was required to complete the connection. However, the KN person who came out on the 12th of February said that two poles were required, so there seems to have been some miscommunication. Eir's forecast for when the service would be in place was the 12th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

They're reading the default UG message,they wouldn't know unless they checked it
    Poles on private lad about 2 weeks for install, on public land could be months due to licence requirements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

I got a call from eir yesterday saying that ducting was required to complete the connection. However, the KN person who came out on the 12th of February said that two poles were required, so there seems to have been some miscommunication. Eir's forecast for when the service would be in place was the 12th of May.
    Hi john886, 

Could you PM the following details and I can check when your installation will happen? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

As soon as I get this information I can look into this.

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi john886, 

Could you PM the following details and I can check when your installation will happen? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne PM Sent

• Advertisement

Hi john886, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne PM Sent
    No problem john886, 

I will look into this and will get back to you shortly. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi john886, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne PM Sent
    Hi john886, 

I have just updated you in PM's. 

Let me know what date suits and I will book your appointment. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Hi,

Please advise

John
    Hi John886

Many thanks

~ Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

Thanks
    John
    Hi John 

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi Linzi,

I don't have any other products and services with eir apart from the fibre broadband which I signed up for on the 7th February.

John
    do you have a landline service? does it say any other products are live on your account? 

Hi john886, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne PM Sent
    Hi john886, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

It's all connected now and working perfectly. After 7 years with speeds barely reaching 2.5 Mbps, and completely unusable after 6pm, it is fantastic to have broadband like this.

It is hard to believe we can get FTTH, considering what I imagine was a huge cost to bring the service to the area. Hopefully it will be available for everyone in the not too distant future.

Incidentally, I was not billed prior to connection being established.

Thanks again,

John

Hi john886, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne PM Sent
    Hi john886, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

It's all connected now and working perfectly. After 7 years with speeds barely reaching 2.5 Mbps, and completely unusable after 6pm, it is fantastic to have broadband like this.

It is hard to believe we can get FTTH, considering what I imagine was a huge cost to bring the service to the area. Hopefully it will be available for everyone in the not too distant future.

Incidentally, I was not billed prior to connection being established.

Thanks again,

John
    Glad to hear you are all set up john886, 

Don't hesitate to contact us here if you have any other queries. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement