Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA - Authorisation Pending

• 20-02-2019 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

My Husband, Kids and I are booked to travel to the US on April 6th.
    I applied for the ESTA this am for the 4 of us.

It is saying "Authorisation Pending" and then has dashes ---- where the Payment section is.

I have not been to the States in may years and the rest of the family have never been.

A friend of mine had told me that the process was easy that she was approved instantly.

Anyone any experience of this ?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your friend is correct in the sense that instant approval used to be the norm but you may have missed the red banner on the first ESTA webpage which say that realtime (i.e. instant) approvals 'will no longer be available' which means that everyone now has to wait. Don't worry, you'll probably be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stu15

Exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Went back about 2-3 hours later and it was approved. As above, I wouldn't be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Thanks. Will check again later. Worrying unduly no doubt !

Advertisement