Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial tax ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭arctictree

brownswiss wrote: »

Don't think that's true. Id say most sheep farmers on here have a commercially taxed vehicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

There can be issues if the jeep isn’t used for full time farming. Issue not specific to sheep farmers imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I don’t know, turn up at a sheep mart or factory and you’ll see some lads using the family car and small trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭brownswiss

1. If you are a farmer and the herd owner, you may submit documentary evidence from the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine showing your herd number. A letter or document from the Department which is less than 2 years old which shows your name and address and your herd number.

Mayo Motor Tax does not accept “Herd keeper” the applicant must be the “Herd owner”.

Mayo Motor Tax does not accept Herd Number for Flocks\Equine\Capra\Poultry\Swine\Sheep.

http://www.mayococo.ie/en/Services/MotorTax/TaxonchangeofownershipofSmallGoodsVehicle/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

1. If you are a farmer and the herd owner, you may submit documentary evidence from the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine showing your herd number. A letter or document from the Department which is less than 2 years old which shows your name and address and your herd number.

Mayo Motor Tax does not accept “Herd keeper” the applicant must be the “Herd owner”.

Mayo Motor Tax does not accept Herd Number for Flocks\Equine\Capra\Poultry\Swine\Sheep.

http://www.mayococo.ie/en/Services/MotorTax/TaxonchangeofownershipofSmallGoodsVehicle/

I know one guy that got commercial tax because he had 25 hens and a poultry number, I also know a farmer that got it very hard to get a Mazda crewcab jeep commercial so it depends on the county

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭brownswiss

wrangler wrote: »
    I know one guy that got commercial tax because he had 25 hens and a poultry number, I also know a farmer that got it very hard to get a Mazda crewcab jeep commercial so it depends on the county

Yes a friend recently phoned Mayo road tax section and was told that sheep or horses would not qualify as a farming enterprise for commercial tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

I doubt that would stand up if challenged. Can’t have different LA’s having different criteria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭kay 9

The ifa are a great benefit on the case as per usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

kay 9 wrote: »
    The ifa are a great benefit on the case as per usual.

Do you know any ''genuine'' farmer that has been refused, I never heard of one being refused commercial tax,

Advertisement