Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids rugby

Options
  • 20-02-2019 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there any kids rugby teams around for boy / girls aged 5 and up?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It may help if you say what part of Co. Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

2011 wrote: »
    It may help if you say what part of Co. Wicklow.

North Wicklow / Bray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Greystones rugby club will cater for you for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’d be sure Greystones would, failing that de la salle Palmerston definitely do in kilternan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Try Rugbytots ages 2-7 years. They are in Greystones and Bray as well as other locations:

https://www.rugbytots.ie/Class/Find?SearchString=greystones&Radius=10000&Latitude=53.1491175&Longitude=-6.079341399999976

Edit: It looks like at the moment they have 2.5-5 years but their main website says up to 7 years. Maybe call them and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Peckham

Greystones minis train at 9.30am on Sundays.

The youngest age group is under 7, but there certainly would be 5 year olds in the group. It's all non-contact with focus on passing and getting used to holding the ball. Some tag rugby too.

Large group of minis in Greystones with roughly 40 under-7s turning out each week.

Peckham wrote: »
    It's all non-contact with focus on passing and getting used to holding the ball. Some tag rugby too.
    The u6 coach in my club said it’s about getting them running around and have someone shout at them that’s not their parents.

salmocab wrote:
    The u6 coach in my club said it’s about getting them running around and have someone shout at them that’s not their parents.

It's about getting them running about, but certainly not shouted at!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Greystones minis train at 9.30am on Sundays.

The youngest age group is under 7, but there certainly would be 5 year olds in the group. It's all non-contact with focus on passing and getting used to holding the ball. Some tag rugby too.

Large group of minis in Greystones with roughly 40 under-7s turning out each week.
    cheers Peckham, any chance you would have the correct contact for the minis?

It's about getting them running about, but certainly not shouted at!

I’m pretty sure he said it tongue in cheek, the kids all love him and he’s being doing it for a very long time.

• Advertisement

redmgar wrote:
    cheers Peckham, any chance you would have the correct contact for the minis?

It's Darren, but I don't have his number. Think they might have an away match this weekend though, so maybe best leaving it until next weekend.

Advertisement