Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of contract, moving from Eir

Options
  • 20-02-2019 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    Hypothetical questions for now - 
    If I am out of contract with Eir do I still need to give the 31 days notice?
    Also what happens if I am out of contract and say approach Vodafone and try to move to them without giving the 31 days notice to Eir?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If you cancel you have to give notice
    If switching the other provider will cancel the service when they take it over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

sdug79 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hypothetical questions for now - 
    If I am out of contract with Eir do I still need to give the 31 days notice?
    Also what happens if I am out of contract and say approach Vodafone and try to move to them without giving the 31 days notice to Eir?

Thanks.
    Hi sdug79

You would need to give 30 days notice if you wish to cancel.  You can find more information about cancelling accounts here.

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sdug79

Thanks all, just seems strange to give 30 days notice when out of contract and switching to another supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You don't need to give notice when switching, let your new provider handle it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sdug79

fritzelly wrote: »
    You don't need to give notice when switching, let your new provider handle it for you.

That's what I was hoping to hear!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

sdug79 wrote: »
    Thanks all, just seems strange to give 30 days notice when out of contract and switching to another supplier.
    Hi sdug79

No problem.  Should you have anything further we can help you with, don't hesitate to contact us. 

Thanks
    ~Linzi

Advertisement