Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler in Bedroom Press

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Brego888 wrote: »
    Clearly you haven't a clue

Look. All I know is you think you're a light sleeper yet you can sleep through a boiler in the same room. That's not really a light sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Boiler makes little to no noise and is consistent unlike other sudden noises that wake me up. Not that difficult to understand.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

We bought our house with the gas Combi boiler in the bedroom. Immediately replaced the boiler and moved it out to the shed. Most the expense was on the new boiler itself as lucky the shed was plumbed for a boiler (God knows why they didn't just put it there in the first place).

OP, if you think moving the boiler is an option, think about where it would go, and how it would get plumbed. You're likely talking about lifting floor boards and chasing walls to get a tidy job done. A job best done as soon as you move in rather than down the line.
    You could try organiser a plumber to call in a have a look to get an idea what you're up against. They'd call out for free, but syncing up timing might be an issue considering you don't have access

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

JJJackal wrote: »
    Is that a big or expensive job?

Depends where you're moving it. I recently had a boiler moved from bedroom to hot press in adjoining bathroom. Wasn't hugely expensive, and as the boiler was old it was an opportunity to get a more efficient one.

It was loud enough to wake the baby when it came on, but it was old; the new one's quieter.

I wouldn't let it stop you buying the place as long as you think there's feasible place to relocate it.

Advertisement