Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omloop - 2nd March

Options
  • 20-02-2019 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

It is coming. 10 days to the start of the real cycling season...:cool:
    So far, no obvious faux-pas in the marketing process - there's time yet.

Elite Men and Elite women race, but not sure if the latter will be broadcast.
    Ryan Mullen is on the provisional start list

https://twitter.com/OmloopHNB/status/1097501325833748480

Comments

Looking forward to it. Love racing this time of year. Eurosport did show some of the women's spring races on the player last year so hopefully it'll be the same this year or better still on the main ES channels.

Provisional startlist for Omloop here http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MjkyMzU=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

I got into cycling watching the Tour De France but now it's the Belgian classics that I really look forward to watching. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

What do you mean Real? You mean the start of the cycling season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

I much prefer watching the classics/semi classics/future classics (strade bianche) than the grand tours, best time of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Strade Bianche is already a "classic" imo. Arguably should be the 6th Monument though!

Just the annual reminder of the only Irish winner of Het Volk/ Omloop - Shay Elliott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

thought the Mick Lally Omloop was the real start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Great race and definitely the best few months in cycling coming up. Van Avermaet looks strong again and has already won twice here. I'm sure himself and Sagan will be rubbing shoulders over the next few months. Valgren looked in good form in Australia and Lutsenko was very impressive in Oman. Colbrelli might be one to watch this Spring, think he has one big one in him. Benoot was in great form at this stage last year, winning Strade Bianche the following week so it will be interesting to see if he is shaping up for a great Spring campaign. Terpstra on his new team and Sagan keeping it under cover until the following week. Lots to look forward to and especially Strade Bianche as I'm heading over :)

Sy you riding the gran fondo strade bianche?

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Sy you riding the gran fondo strade bianche?

Hi lizzylad84, unfortunately no. Heading with a friend who's a press photographer. Should be hectic chasing the race. Best of luck with Grand Fondo. Is it on Saturday ?

I'm not doing gf this year (heading to Flanders). Looking at it as an option for next year. Gran fondonis on the Sunday, pro race Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    So far, no obvious faux-pas in the marketing process - there's time yet.

So, they've spared the Omloop, but, Jesus, that didn't take long..... look closely

474017.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Bizarre, Very very Bizzare!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    So, they've spared the Omloop, but, Jesus, that didn't take long..... look closely

474017.jpg

the easily offendeds were going a bit mad on twitter last night over it

474183.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Both start presentation and women's race will be livestreamed on the Proximus Sports Facebook page (Not geoblocked)#

https://www.facebook.com/ProximusSports/videos/564807390688298/

On now

Live coverage on Eurosport at 1pm till after the finish which is expected around 3:45.

Route map
    course-map.jpg

profile.jpg

Climbs & Cobbles
    bergs_1280.gif

FDJ are down a man, Demare is out with flu. Sky also a man down, not sure who is missing from their line up, I think it's Luke Rowe who's had top 10 finishes here in the past number years.

We have Alice Sharpe there in the womens race I think.

EDIT:
    Here is the list for the womens race. http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MjkyOTI=

Whats going on , why did the commissar neutralise the race?

EDIT: Seems the men are too slow and the women were catching them.

Highlights.

Couldn't find a highlights for the women, so heres the whole thing https://www.facebook.com/ProximusSports/videos/381060175811537/

Winning move comes at around the 3 hour mark.

Advertisement