Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sport App (Green) not casting to Chromecast since chromecast update

Options
  • 20-02-2019 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

My Chromecast recently updated to firmware version 1.37144496.
    Since this has happened the Eir sports app has not been able to cast to it, from either android or ios.
    I have been able to connect to a friends chromecast that has not updated though.

When can we expect an update to the Eir sports app to make it compatible with the Chromecast again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

Same for me, haven't been able to cast at all from the green eir sports app for the last 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi,

Since this has happened the Eir sports app has not been able to cast to it, from either android or ios.
    I have been able to connect to a friends chromecast that has not updated though.

When can we expect an update to the Eir sports app to make it compatible with the Chromecast again?
    Same for me, haven't been able to cast at all from the green eir sports app for the last 2 weeks
    Hi PleaseHelpMe!! and @ Killer_Paul, 

If you call our technical team on 1890260260 they will be able to assist you with this. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PleaseHelpMe!!

Hi,

If you call our technical team on 1890260260 they will be able to assist you with this. 

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I have tried but have been unable to get through to your technical team.

Hi,

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I have tried but have been unable to get through to your technical team.
    Hi PleaseHelpMe!!, 

You can also contact our online technical team here

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Same here, just get a black screen and eventually Error 15 or something pops up on the app.

Have tried calling tech support but like all other eir numbers they don't bother picking up the phone

• Advertisement

Same here, just get a black screen and eventually Error 15 or something pops up on the app.

Have tried calling tech support but like all other eir numbers they don't bother picking up the phone
    Hi Donegal Storm, 

Are you able to log into your my eir account using the same login details? 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭spoofer

I have the same issue. It seems to be an issue with the chromecast firmware 1.37xx. Google say that Eir needs to update their app.
    I have tried chatting to the Eir support team but they just push me to a phone number and the calls are expensive with no help. I have done this before.
    So when will Eir release an update to the green Sports app?

spoofer wrote: »
    I have the same issue. It seems to be an issue with the chromecast firmware 1.37xx. Google say that Eir needs to update their app.
    I have tried chatting to the Eir support team but they just push me to a phone number and the calls are expensive with no help. I have done this before.
    So when will Eir release an update to the green Sports app?
    Hi spoofer, 

At the moment we do not have a date for when an update will be released. 

If this changes in the future it will be pushed out to all users. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

So still no update on the chromecast issue..so what are you going to do for us (the customers).
    Missed aload of matches already..are we supposed to continue to pay for a service we are not getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hotdiggity

same problem here, very frustrating and yet another example of the dysfunctional eir service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Muller1899

Hi,

same problem...chromecast working with youtube etc  but not EIR Sport. Also not working with IE at the moment. No no access at all. Cant get throught to support - on hold on the phone  now for 40 mins and counting.......

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭daddy_boy

same with me hasn't worked for two /three weeks. .only reason i have stayed with them is the "free" sports app, but it looks like that they arnt in a hurry to fix it , app hasnt been updated since oct 2017 and also i heard that eir are going to be losing  BT sports. usual mess with eir.

Hi spoofer, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Gráinne
    Thanks for the response. I am very disappointed with this. It was one of the selling points that I could cast to a TV now that option is gone with no prospect of a resolution. So what do eir propose to their customers to bridge the gap between what they are supposed to have and what eir are supplying?

Hi spoofer, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Gráinne
    Thanks for the response. I am very disappointed with this. It was one of the selling points that I could cast to a TV now that option is gone with no prospect of a resolution. So what do eir propose to their customers to bridge the gap between what they are supposed to have and what eir are supplying?
    Hi spoofer, 

If you contact our technical team they will be able to escalate this for you. 

They can be contacted here or by calling 1890260260

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Hi Donegal Storm, 

Are you able to log into your my eir account using the same login details? 

Grainne
    Yes I can log in without issue, I can watch on my phone but it won't cast which makes it a bit pointless

Another round of football matches missed tonight

Hi spoofer, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Gráinne
    Hi spoofer, 

Grainne
    Grainne,
    The link you posted is for support which does not include the eir app. I know as I have already tried it.
    The 1890 number costs a lot as the wait times and time it takes explaining the issue to get a similar response to yours is just too costly.
    I have also emailed the eir app support address but got no reply, not even an acknowledgement.
    Perhaps you can liaise with the eir app support people yourself to try resolve this issue for eir customers or at least give some definitive information to us? Are they working on an update? What stage is it at? Do they need beta testers? How close is any update to a release date? They should be able to give some indication .
    An if or maybe just doesn't cut it these days...

Hi spoofer, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Gráinne
    Hi spoofer, 

Grainne
    Grainne,
    The link you posted is for support which does not include the eir app. I know as I have already tried it.
    The 1890 number costs a lot as the wait times and time it takes explaining the issue to get a similar response to yours is just too costly.
    I have also emailed the eir app support address but got no reply, not even an acknowledgement.
    Perhaps you can liaise with the eir app support people yourself to try resolve this issue for eir customers or at least give some definitive information to us? Are they working on an update? What stage is it at? Do they need beta testers? How close is any update to a release date? They should be able to give some indication .
    An if or maybe just doesn't cut it these days...
    Hi spoofer, 

Could you follow the steps outlined in this link this will ensure that you have the chromecast set up correctly? 

If this does not work I would advise doing a factory reset. Details on how to do that can be found here

Let me know if this works. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Hi

I have the same issue - i have reset and factory rest my chrome cast ultra and it doesn't work.

I have a normal chrome cast which is able to cast the eir sports app.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

Hi

I have the same issue - i have reset and factory rest my chrome cast ultra and it doesn't work.

I have a normal chrome cast which is able to cast the eir sports app.
    I can confirm also that 1st gen Chromecast (memory stick type) is not affected, 2nd gen and chromecast ultra are affected and do not work for me.

Also all my other casting apps, netflix, rte player, spotify, twitch, All 4, these all work perfectly.

Its the green Eir sports app that needs to be updated with a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Same story here.
    Chromecast works fine with any other app I've tried. I have factory reset the chromecast & it makes no difference at all, the Eir Sports app only gives a black screen. It was functioning fine yo to recently.
    Chromecast has Cast firmware version: 1.37.144496

• Advertisement

Hi spoofer, 

Could you follow the steps outlined in this link this will ensure that you have the chromecast set up correctly? 

If this does not work I would advise doing a factory reset. Details on how to do that can be found here

Let me know if this works. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Gráinne
    I have done a factory reset on the chromecast and reinstalled the app to no avail. Other apps that cast work fine. It's just the eir app that has the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Grainne,

Im sure your trying to help but all the steps you have said to do dont work...

I finally got hold of an honest eir agent after several phone calls...he said they kmow its not working and they are working on a "fix" with no update or date in mind for when it will be fixed.

You need to get someone to come back with something for all your customers effected..you cant honestly expect us to continue paying for a service we are not getting.

The sports channels were a big selling point for me and sounds like most other customers.

You need to come back with some sort of compensation package along with an honest update...Will be fixed and if so...when??

Hi Eir,

Same issue here on 2nd generation chromecast. I can watch it fine on the phone but it will not cast.

The level of contempt shown for the intelligence of eirs customers in this thread is incredible. 

How much more clearly can we demonstrate that this is a problem with the eir app and not the chromecast.

The app needs to be updated and nothing short of that will fix this issue.

Please reply with an ETA on when the app will be updated? 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Grainne,

Im sure your trying to help but all the steps you have said to do dont work...

I finally got hold of an honest eir agent after several phone calls...he said they kmow  its not working and they are working on a "fix" with no update or date in mind for when it will be fixed.

You need to get someone to come back with something for all your customers effected..you cant honestly expect us to continue paying for a service we are not getting.

The sports channels were a big selling point for me and sounds like most other customers.

You need to come back with some sort of compensation package along with an honest update...Will be fixed and if so...when??
    I'd like to add my voice to this. Very unhappy about this poor level of customer service. I am nearly out of contract with Eir. I had planned to keep it, and pay the extra, for Eir Sport, but there is little point if I can't watch matches on my TV.

If an update isn't released in the near future I will moving service provider and using the savings to enjoy matches in the local pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭KReid

I'm absolutely shocked by the levels of ineptitude from Eir, whatever about their overall service, There are endless complaints about the apps, neither of which seem to actually work. The complaints are as basic as not being able to log in yet Eir don't seem to have answers for people and are filtering them into contacting the Technical team. It's an absolute disgrace they are allowed to get away with offering something they clearly have no intention of providing a suitable service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Good news everybody, should be fixed by tomorrow, watch for the update to your app

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gerryc100

Hi guys, been having the same issue as described.
    Has there been a patch sent thru to anyone yet?
    very annoying issue and not getting much joy with online support or on calls.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

gerryc100 wrote: »
    Hi guys, been having the same issue as described.
    Has there been a patch sent thru to anyone yet?
    very annoying issue and not getting much joy with online support or on calls.

Thanks,
    Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Good news everybody, should be fixed by tomorrow, watch for the update to your app

Looks like I was lied to by Eir customer services

Grainne, can you confirm if this is official Eir policy to lie blatantly to paying customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

KReid wrote: »
    I'm absolutely shocked by the levels of ineptitude from Eir, whatever about their overall service, There are endless complaints about the apps, neither of which seem to actually work. The complaints are as basic as not being able to log in yet Eir don't seem to have answers for people and are filtering them into contacting the Technical team. It's an absolute disgrace they are allowed to get away with offering something they clearly have no intention of providing a suitable service.

Why the shock?

Eir are creaming it when there is a problem with eir sport, all those premium call charges to not fix the issue.
    ComReg should shut down these premium calls.

Advertisement