Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir sport App (Green) not casting to Chromecast since chromecast update

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

How long more before the green Eir Sports app will actually be updated and fixed?

Grainne can you also help me reset my app devices, from uninstalling and reinstalling the app it now says I have to wait till next month to register my device again even though its the same iPhone I'm using. Thanks!
    Hi colmtheperson, 

I can assure you I do understand what Chromecast is. The reason why I advised of uninstalling the chromecast is that my colleague in our technical team advised me of this. 

In regard to the conversation, you had with the agent in our webchat team I have escalated this to the agent's team leader. My apologies you were misadvised on that chat. 

Grainne

Hi Grainne

Thanks for the answer, can you explain or ask your colleague please how I uninstall my Chromecast (which is a physical piece of hardware currently connected to my television) from my phone?

I feel that misadvice is a common theme with customer care
    Hi

We are aware of issues with the green eir Sport app and Chromecast - it is not working for a significant number of customers.  
    The issue is under investigation but we don't have a root cause or estimated fix time yet. Examples are being gathered to assist with the investigation.  Apologies to our customers for the inconvenience this has caused.  We want to assure you that we are working on this as a matter of high priority.

Kind regards

Linzi  

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭wishbone

Chromecast works perfectly with YouTube and Netflix - it is only Eir. 
    It is infuriating as Eir Sports is the primary reason I chose Eir.  

Not next year I tell you unless this is fixed soon! 

Yet another nail in the coffin for Eir.  Surely this would be high priority, the company has had enough bad press already???!!

wishbone wrote: »

Yet another nail in the coffin for Eir.  Surely this would be high priority, the company has had enough bad press already???!!
    Hi wishbone

Apologies to our customers for the inconvenience this has caused.  We want to assure you that we are working on this as a matter of high priority.

Kind regards

Linzi  

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭daddy_boy

‘We want to be a modern, dynamic telco 

that has great infrastructure, 

delivers really good customer service.

– CAROLAN LENNON

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/eir-ceo-carolan-lennon-interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi wishbone

Apologies to our customers for the inconvenience this has caused.  We want to assure you that we are working on this as a matter of high priority.

Kind regards

Linzi  

I will never believe Eir work on anything with high priority, it's ridiculous that this issue has been allowed to go on for so long, and the complete lack of transparency from Eir about the issue (while laughable) is what we have come to expect from Eir customer support simply because Eir have always refused to feed down information, I genuinely pity all those csr staff making 20k a year to deal with customer complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Hi wishbone

Kind regards

Linz
    Hi Linzi/Grainne

I had a go at uninstalling chromecast from my phone. In order to do this I had to root my device but the eirsport app gave me an error because it doesn't work on rooted devices. Can you check with your technical team for a fix for this. As you are aware an android device can't be unrooted without reinstalling chromecast to the device. A process which, as you know, happens automatically via google play updater

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

So I reinstalled the app even though I knew that wouldnt work.

Now It Is bringing me into a stupid thing about device management..gone beyond riduclous at this stage.

Im still waiting to hear back how we will be compensated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Hi

We are aware of issues with the green eir Sport app and Chromecast - it is not working for a significant number of customers.  
    The issue is under investigation but we don't have a root cause or estimated fix time yet. Examples are being gathered to assist with the investigation.  Apologies to our customers for the inconvenience this has caused.  We want to assure you that we are working on this as a matter of high priority.

Kind regards

Linzi  

Perhaps eir could consider maintaining one sports app that actually works instead of two that don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

I sent in an official complaint earlier, I'd suggest others do the same. Also escalate the complaint when they don't respond within 10 days (from previous experience they almost certainly won't) and when they don't respond to the escalation get comreg involved. At least then there's a paper trail and something to fall back on 

https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp

Escalation form on Follow Up tab
    https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I sent in an official complaint earlier, I'd suggest others do the same. Also escalate the complaint when they don't respond within 10 days (from previous experience they almost certainly won't) and when they don't respond to the escalation get comreg involved. At least then there's a paper trail and something to fall back on 

https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp

Escalation form on Follow Up tab
    https://www.eir.ie/complaints/
    Done:

My green Eir Sport app, which is the reason I am subscribed to Eir broadband rather than a cheaper competitor, has been unable to cast to my Chromecast device for several weeks. This is a widespread issue and is well documented in this support thread on Boards.ie: https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057957930.

Your customer care representatives are suggesting customers "uninstall Chromecast from your phone", which makes no sense. I have, however, tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Eir Sport app, resetting my Chromecast, resetting my router, and using the Eir Sport app on another device.

None of the above is working. Chromecast continues to work with all other apps on my phone and iPad. The issue is clearly with the Eir Sport app.

My contract with Eir expires this month. I would be grateful if this could be addressed urgently. Eir Sport and the Chromecast functionality is the sole reason I use Eir broadband, and I will be moving to a competitor if this is not fixed.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 schneilob

This is clearly a licensing issue that Eir does not appear to be able to resolve

Hi wishbone

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Please could you a status update on this and an estimated date of when it will be fixed?

Thanks
    Wishbone

Hi wishbone

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Please could you a status update on this and an estimated date of when it will be fixed?

Thanks
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone

Apologies, but we don't have that information as yet.  As soon as we do, we will notify our customers on the eir website. 

Thanks

Linzi

Hi wishbone

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Thanks
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone

Apologies, but we don't have that information as yet.  As soon as we do, we will notify our customers on the eir website. 

Thanks

Linzi
    Thanks Linzi
    Is there a particular location on your website I can check?  Could you tell me the URL please?
    Wishbone

Hi wishbone

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Thanks
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone

Thanks

Linzi
    Thanks Linzi
    Is there a particular location on your website I can check?  Could you tell me the URL please?
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone 

If you keep an eye on this link here!  This is where we post the latest updates.

Many thanks

Linzi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Hi wishbone

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Thanks
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone

Thanks

Linzi
    Thanks Linzi
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone 

If you keep an eye on this link here!  This is where we post the latest updates.

Many thanks

Linzi

Linzi,

This has been an ongoing issue for weeks at this stage and there still isn't an update on that page as far as I can see. Surely someone at eir must have some kind of an idea what's happening here? Plenty of people only chose eir over cheaper options because of the sport package (which is a fantastic product when it works). 

Hi wishbone

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Thanks
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone

Thanks

Linzi
    Thanks Linzi
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone 

Many thanks

Linzi

Linzi,

This has been an ongoing issue for weeks at this stage and there still isn't an update on that page as far as I can see. Surely someone at eir must have some kind of an idea what's happening here? Plenty of people only chose eir over cheaper options because of the sport package (which is a fantastic product when it works). 
    We can only apologise to our customers at the moment.  As I said before we don't know when we will have a fix for this issue, only that it is being worked on as a matter of priority.

~Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Glad to say its working for me now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Pangea wrote: »
    Working for me too. Thank you Eir.

Breezer wrote: »
    That is great news. 

Thanks for letting us know. ~

Linzi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

That is great news. 

Thanks for letting us know. ~

Linzi
    As a matter of interest, how has this been resolved?  There has been no update to the iOS Green Eir app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

As a matter of interest, how has this been resolved?  There has been no update to the iOS Green Eir app.

There has been no update to the android version either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

Can you confirm what gen chromecast device you are using? The issue is only with 2nd gen and ultra.

Can you confirm what gen chromecast device you are using? The issue is only with 2nd gen and ultra.
    I am using the Ultra and the 2nd gen. Both working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Good to hear its working again for some people, for me its even more broken than before, can't even watch on my phone now :)

Another night of Champions League missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Same for me. It won't even load on the phone.

I've tried reinstalling the App and I've now "used up my monthly device swap" apparently.

Last time I tried to use it I was told my "account was locked" which then somehow cleared itself.

It's absolutely and utterly useless. Doesn't even have F1 on it any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Belt

I've tried reinstalling the App and I've now "used up my monthly device swap" apparently.

Last time I tried to use it I was told my "account was locked" which then somehow cleared itself.

Having the exact same problem including the "monthly swap" issue, load of rubbish

Anyone from Eir on this to help out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

This is a joke from EIR............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

2 houses here with same issue tonight. Eir sport was reason both of us joined Eir. A joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

I had to ring eir today to fix the monthly swap issue, can’t watch anything on the app at all even after logging in again so can’t even check if casting is working...

• Advertisement

leex wrote: »
    Eir sport was reason both of us joined Eir. A joke!
    Not looking good for the future either!
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/eir-customers-could-lose-out-on-bt-sport-and-premier-sports-as-sky-take-over-1.3823004

leex wrote: »
    2 houses here with same issue tonight. Eir sport was reason both of us joined Eir. A joke!
    This is a joke from EIR............
    Belt wrote: »

Having the exact same problem including the "monthly swap" issue, load of rubbish

Anyone from Eir on this to help out?

Good to hear its working again for some people, for me its even more broken than before, can't even watch on my phone now :)

Another night of Champions League missed
    There was an outage yesterday, it should be working today?

Linzi

Working for me now.

Working for me now.
    That's Great

~Linzi 

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭daddy_boy

problem seems to be fixed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

There was talk recently of Sky making a deal with eir and that Eir will basically pay sky whatever they were paying to BT for access to the channels

The headline also says we may "no longer" receive the Premier Sports channels so I'd take it with a pinch of salt

Also working 100% here the app hasn't been updated though so very curious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

daddy_boy wrote: »
    problem seems to be fixed :)
    Glad to hear this is sorted daay_boy. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Thanks,
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭spoofer

I can confirm that mine is also working. 
    Still a bit disappointed that there is no information as to what the cause and resolution were..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

spoofer wrote: »
    I can confirm that mine is also working. 
    Still a bit disappointed that there is no information as to what the cause and resolution were..
    Thanks for letting us know it's working spoofer. 

Glad to hear this is resolved. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement