Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sport App (Green) not casting to Chromecast since chromecast update

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 schneilob

This is clearly a licensing issue that Eir does not appear to be able to resolve

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wishbone

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    wishbone wrote: »
    Chromecast works perfectly with YouTube and Netflix - it is only Eir. 
    It is infuriating as Eir Sports is the primary reason I chose Eir.  

Not next year I tell you unless this is fixed soon! 

Yet another nail in the coffin for Eir.  Surely this would be high priority, the company has had enough bad press already???!!
    Hi wishbone

Apologies to our customers for the inconvenience this has caused.  We want to assure you that we are working on this as a matter of high priority.

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Please could you a status update on this and an estimated date of when it will be fixed?

Thanks
    Wishbone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Yet another nail in the coffin for Eir.  Surely this would be high priority, the company has had enough bad press already???!!
    Hi wishbone

Apologies to our customers for the inconvenience this has caused.  We want to assure you that we are working on this as a matter of high priority.

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Please could you a status update on this and an estimated date of when it will be fixed?

Thanks
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone

Apologies, but we don't have that information as yet.  As soon as we do, we will notify our customers on the eir website. 

Thanks

Linzi

Hi wishbone

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Thanks
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone

Apologies, but we don't have that information as yet.  As soon as we do, we will notify our customers on the eir website. 

Thanks

Linzi
    Thanks Linzi
    Is there a particular location on your website I can check?  Could you tell me the URL please?
    Wishbone

Hi wishbone

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Thanks
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone

Thanks

Linzi
    Thanks Linzi
    Is there a particular location on your website I can check?  Could you tell me the URL please?
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone 

If you keep an eye on this link here!  This is where we post the latest updates.

Many thanks

Linzi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Hi wishbone

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Thanks
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone

Thanks

Linzi
    Thanks Linzi
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone 

If you keep an eye on this link here!  This is where we post the latest updates.

Many thanks

Linzi

Linzi,

This has been an ongoing issue for weeks at this stage and there still isn't an update on that page as far as I can see. Surely someone at eir must have some kind of an idea what's happening here? Plenty of people only chose eir over cheaper options because of the sport package (which is a fantastic product when it works). 

Hi wishbone

Kind regards

Linzi  
    Hi Linzi

Thanks
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone

Thanks

Linzi
    Thanks Linzi
    Wishbone
    Hi Wishbone 

Many thanks

Linzi

Linzi,

This has been an ongoing issue for weeks at this stage and there still isn't an update on that page as far as I can see. Surely someone at eir must have some kind of an idea what's happening here? Plenty of people only chose eir over cheaper options because of the sport package (which is a fantastic product when it works). 
    We can only apologise to our customers at the moment.  As I said before we don't know when we will have a fix for this issue, only that it is being worked on as a matter of priority.

~Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Glad to say its working for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Pangea wrote: »
    Working for me too. Thank you Eir.

Breezer wrote: »
    That is great news. 

Thanks for letting us know. ~

Linzi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

That is great news. 

Thanks for letting us know. ~

Linzi
    As a matter of interest, how has this been resolved?  There has been no update to the iOS Green Eir app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

As a matter of interest, how has this been resolved?  There has been no update to the iOS Green Eir app.

There has been no update to the android version either.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

Can you confirm what gen chromecast device you are using? The issue is only with 2nd gen and ultra.

Can you confirm what gen chromecast device you are using? The issue is only with 2nd gen and ultra.
    I am using the Ultra and the 2nd gen. Both working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Good to hear its working again for some people, for me its even more broken than before, can't even watch on my phone now :)

Another night of Champions League missed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Same for me. It won't even load on the phone.

I've tried reinstalling the App and I've now "used up my monthly device swap" apparently.

Last time I tried to use it I was told my "account was locked" which then somehow cleared itself.

It's absolutely and utterly useless. Doesn't even have F1 on it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

I've tried reinstalling the App and I've now "used up my monthly device swap" apparently.

Last time I tried to use it I was told my "account was locked" which then somehow cleared itself.

Having the exact same problem including the "monthly swap" issue, load of rubbish

Anyone from Eir on this to help out?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

This is a joke from EIR............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

2 houses here with same issue tonight. Eir sport was reason both of us joined Eir. A joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

I had to ring eir today to fix the monthly swap issue, can’t watch anything on the app at all even after logging in again so can’t even check if casting is working...

• Advertisement

leex wrote: »
    Eir sport was reason both of us joined Eir. A joke!
    Not looking good for the future either!
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/eir-customers-could-lose-out-on-bt-sport-and-premier-sports-as-sky-take-over-1.3823004

leex wrote: »
    2 houses here with same issue tonight. Eir sport was reason both of us joined Eir. A joke!
    This is a joke from EIR............
    Belt wrote: »

Having the exact same problem including the "monthly swap" issue, load of rubbish

Anyone from Eir on this to help out?

Good to hear its working again for some people, for me its even more broken than before, can't even watch on my phone now :)

Another night of Champions League missed
    There was an outage yesterday, it should be working today?

Linzi

Working for me now.

Working for me now.
    That's Great

~Linzi 

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭daddy_boy

problem seems to be fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

There was talk recently of Sky making a deal with eir and that Eir will basically pay sky whatever they were paying to BT for access to the channels

The headline also says we may "no longer" receive the Premier Sports channels so I'd take it with a pinch of salt

Also working 100% here the app hasn't been updated though so very curious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

daddy_boy wrote: »
    problem seems to be fixed :)
    Glad to hear this is sorted daay_boy. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Thanks,
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭spoofer

I can confirm that mine is also working. 
    Still a bit disappointed that there is no information as to what the cause and resolution were..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

spoofer wrote: »
    I can confirm that mine is also working. 
    Still a bit disappointed that there is no information as to what the cause and resolution were..
    Thanks for letting us know it's working spoofer. 

Glad to hear this is resolved. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement