Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting damaged telephone cable

Options
  • 20-02-2019 4:10pm
    Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A tree fell on a telephone cable near my house during a recent storm (and remains lying on it), pulling on the cable which then pulled the telephone pole at the end of my back garden into a lopsided position.

It seems to me there's no easy way for the public to report these type of issues, especially for non-customers like myself who have no relationship with Eir.

Why no dedicated phone number like ESB Networks has for this purpose?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Call their dangerous plant dept on 1850245424 to log the issue. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 eir: Nicole

Quackster wrote: »
    A tree fell on a telephone cable near my house during a recent storm (and remains lying on it), pulling on the cable which then pulled the telephone pole at the end of my back garden into a lopsided position.

It seems to me there's no easy way for the public to report these type of issues, especially for non-customers like myself who have no relationship with Eir.

Why no dedicated phone number like ESB Networks has for this purpose?
    Hi there Quackster,

Thanks for getting in touch. MIRMIR82 is correct, we have a Dangerous Plant number who you can contact on 1850 245 424. 

~ Nicole

Advertisement