Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving lessons - Limerick city

• 20-02-2019 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭

My brother in law recently lost his wife to illness, and as she was the driver in the house , he now needs ( urgently) to learn to drive and pass the test. He is in his mid 40's - has driven to a degree, but sat test once and failed - his confidence is low , and is in a difficult family situation, obviously.
    Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor ( male or female) who (a) deals with older drivers (b) would be generally good for building confidence and would be capable of working well with someone recently bereaved?
    (c) might be able to do odd hours as he works fulltime or is childminding?
    Northside Limerick city
    Any advice much appreciated.
    Mods _ i posted in Limerick as its more of a local rec than a 'learning to drive'question

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

On all these fronts, I'd recommend Alan Ryan. I found him to be a great instructor and I honestly think the man would be ideal here.

If he's still using the same number you can reach him on 086-3340838.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Tom O'Mahoney - Shannonside School of Motoring - top notch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

+1 for Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'd also recommend Alan Ryan. He would be very good for a situation like the op described.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Highly recommend Tom O Mahony too. I was absolutely terrified of driving, but he got me confident with it and I passed first time after about 15 lessons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

+1 on Tom as well I passed first time with him and so did my brother, can't recommend him enough

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Joe Chawke sounds like a good option for you op.
    Couldn't meet a nicer fella than Joe.

http://www.chawkeschoolofmotoring.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Limerick_dude

Thumbs up for Alan Ryan or Joe Chawke both excellent and both sound.

Advertisement